EXTERIOR
Length178.0 "
Body width82.0 "
Body height63.8 "
Wheelbase103.8 "
Ground clearanceN/A
Curb3,715 Lbs.
Gross weight4,960 Lbs

guess I missed the "curb weight" and "gross weight" part - still around 1000 lbs more than Barracuda

How much does a 1965 barracuda weigh?

Features
Engine Location :Front
Drive Type :Rear Wheel
Production Years for Series :1964 - 1969
Price :$2,450
Weight :2726 lbs | 1236.493 kg

I’ve weighed 66 Barracuda’s. They don’t weigh that. Those published numbers are way off. And represent cars with NO option’s whatsoever. /6, manual steering, 3-speed manual, 7.25 rear, tiny 9” drums, no radio option, etc.

Last 66 Cuda I weighed with small block, aluminum heads, 8 3/4 was 3300 to 3400 lbs. on computer 4 wheel scales that I own.

Check out the actual measured weights from owners (not someone reading some manual): 1966 barracuda weight?

Last edited:
I argued weights of cars with a guy at FBBO. He stubbornly stuck to the belief that his car, a '68 Satellite, weighed 3200 lbs based on published numbers. I have weighed my cars on a real scale and had actual data to prove what they are.
Curb versus gross weights might mean total weight with fuel, people and cargo. Trucks used to have a GVWR, Gross Vehicle Weight Rating that was the calculated total of the maximum weight the vehicle could safety be operated at fully loaded.
The 4140 number that I got was from the article and even that could be a generic number that the manufacturer gives to the media.

I bought a brand new Geo Metro in 1993. 3 cylinder, 5 spd. I could wind it out and chirp the tires in 2nd and third gear. It came with no options, no floor mats or radio. I got 51 mpg on the highway. I really loved that car! The car wasn't considered safe so they changed a lot of things on the future models and it was never the same. I just wish there was something similar to choose from nowadays.
I know it wasn't the safest car out there, but if I got in an accident I'd rather be in the Geo than riding on a motorcycle.

The market needs a well made simple car with focus on build quality not gadgets. Keep it under 3500#s , 240 hp , auto and manual options. PW , PL , a/c tilt and cruise . Maybe bluetooth in the stereo .
Efficient , fun to drive and super reliable . Like the 80s BMW e30 325i . Great car !

You mean like the aforementioned Dart?

My 2015 Renegade has the same 1.4T manual trans and really scoots.
Weighs the same as a Duster and has the same power as a V8 (between a modded 318 and a stock 360).
SUPER fun to drive, too and gets 34 MPG.

I can imagine that drive train in a lighter, Dart body.

Renegade is still selling after rumors it'd be cancelled after 2018 due to poor sales.
Dart got cancelled when? Shame, but that's the market.

America want's station wagons that aren't called "station wagons".

Weighs the same as a Duster and has the same power as a V8 (between a modded 318 and a stock 360).

Renegade is still selling after rumors it'd be cancelled after 2018 due to poor sales.

Not sure the Dart hit the “Super Reliable” aspect ?

Not sure the Dart hit the “Super Reliable” aspect ?

My Renegade, bought with 31K on the clock has been "super reliable" to 96K so far.

My Renegade, bought with 31K on the clock has been "super reliable" to 96K so far.
My 03 Ram has been pretty good up to 180k so far but has had several little items like PW switches , throttle body issue , tail light cir board constantly goes out … etc ….
My experience with Darts in the car biz was they had issues .

Only real issue I've had is the "license light out" warning came on but the light is not out.
That was 30,000 miles ago.

I argued weights of cars with a guy at FBBO. He stubbornly stuck to the belief that his car, a '68 Satellite, weighed 3200 lbs based on published numbers. I have weighed my cars on a real scale and had actual data to prove what they are.
Curb versus gross weights might mean total weight with fuel, people and cargo. Trucks used to have a GVWR, Gross Vehicle Weight Rating that was the calculated total of the maximum weight the vehicle could safety be operated at fully loaded.
The 4140 number that I got was from the article and even that could be a generic number that the manufacturer gives to the media.
ALL motor vehicles have a GVWR, every single one, for probably the last 5 decades. "Shipping weight" vs. "Curb weight" vs. "Total option package+gingerbread" vs. "How it's typically loaded/operated" vs. "Loaded to maximum recommended capacity" are all so varied, throwing weights around in general for a given body is pointless really.
A base version of My '64 GT would be a 170 series, w/a 170ci. Slanty 903 3-speed & not a lot else. The smaller slanty is ~30#+ lighter than a 225, & the 903 lighter than the later 3spds by a bit, "Shipping weight" was ~2640# for a base '64 170 Dart. That's w/o a full tank of fuel etc. etc.
As You say, only way, one must weigh!

My 03 Ram has been pretty good up to 180k so far but has had several little items like PW switches , throttle body issue , tail light cir board constantly goes out … etc ….
My experience with Darts in the car biz was they had issues .
They killed the Neon & replaced it with an unattractive(IMO) Caliber pseudo mini wagon/SUV, WTF??? Then tried to jump back in the small sedan game and F○●Ked it up royal, too many "new" parts not shared with anything, and too many "world parts" to make it not really a Mopar at heart anyways.
World Gas Engine shared buy Mits/Kia/Hy & others with Mopar's own top end/fuel systems, F'd-up 110 or 115mm bolt circle shared with no other Mopars I was aware of at the time, AND it looked like an Elantra with a cooler grille to be frank. Poor decision making all around on that little Titanic.

Hyundai couldn't build Elantras fast enough, Honda couldn't build Civics fast enough, & Toyota sold enough Corollas in that same period it'd make Your head spin. The "new" Dart was a flop, & the usual early-model issues killed it before it could get out of the brand loyalty sales bump, & garner sales on any merit.

That is just about enough to want to sell off my 75 REAL AMC Hornet!!!!!!
Puke. Barf. Regurgitate! :poke:
:realcrazy: :steering::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

IMG_0145.JPG

It's like Ford passing off their electric Mach-E as a Mustang. What a bunch of bs. It's NOT a Mustang, it's a GD SUV. :mob: I wish they would remove all Mustang badging from it and just call it a Mach-E. Marketing sucks!
Maybe I just need to quit working, stay at home, collect a government check, smoke marijuana, play video games all day long, and not eat meat because it's bad for animals.:poke:

Last edited:
That's what I said. Calling it a mustang is an unnecessary far stretch at brand loyalty which IMO isn't worth it.
Mach E sounds pretty cool on it's own.

I'm starting to see more and more of them on the road.
Bay far, though the tesla model 3 is what I see the most.

...and my point about the Dart was that it was exactly what the poster was lamenting that they didn't make.....and it didn't sell well enough to keep making.

Didn't fomoco kill all their "cars", too?

...this time they'll just kill Dodge and Chrysler brands altogether and milk Jeep and mayybe Ram for all they're worth.
Based on the bits and pieces I've picked up on over the past couple of years, I believe that's the exact plan. It's kind of ironic, really: Chrysler bought AMC solely to get the Jeep brand, half-heartedly limping the car division along for a few years rebranded as Eagle, then quietly eliminating it. Now the same thing appears to be happening to Chrysler itself.

Obviously, the Jeep is a curse... just ask Bantam, Willys, and Kaiser. :D

Lesson- if you're the head of the Jeep division......DON"T take that promotion to "corporate".

That's what I said. Calling it a mustang is an unnecessary far stretch at brand loyalty which IMO isn't worth it.
Mach E sounds pretty cool on it's own.

I'm starting to see more and more of them on the road.
Bay far, though the tesla model 3 is what I see the most.

...and my point about the Dart was that it was exactly what the poster was lamenting that they didn't make.....and it didn't sell well enough to keep making.

Didn't fomoco kill all their "cars", too?
I heard a blurb on the radidio other day that "Mustangs & Camaros" were basically doomed, according to Furd & Genital Motors..

I was surprised to find out recently that they still made Camaros. When sales tanked after the disastrous "I swear I'm not a Camry!" restyle, at one point General Mao said it would be killed after the '21 model year. Beijing rarely changes its mind.

Based on the bits and pieces I've picked up on over the past couple of years, I believe that's the exact plan. It's kind of ironic, really: Chrysler bought AMC solely to get the Jeep brand, half-heartedly limping the car division along for a few years rebranded as Eagle, then quietly eliminating it. Now the same thing appears to be happening to Chrysler itself.

Obviously, the Jeep is a curse... just ask Bantam, Willys, and Kaiser. :D

The rumors have been there for well over a decade, some talk about it during the Fiat years but now that Stellantis is such a huge corporation with so many brands it's more realistic now than ever. Corporate execs don't give a rat's *** about brand identity or market presence, they just care about selling X number of vehicles at the end of the day whether they're SRT Hemi Challengers or Dodge Hornet jellybean crossovers. If they can sell the latter, what's the point of keeping it a Dodge or Chrysler brand as opposed to Fiat or Peugeot? I hope I'm wrong, we'll see how the Challenger replacement is if they even end up making it.

-
Back