**NEW Edelbrock Victor Series Small Block Heads**

-

$3212 vs. $2848 Roughly.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...&level2=RWRlbGJyb2NrIFZpY3Rvcg==&partid=26914

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...IFJQTQ==&level3=Q05DIFBvcnRlZA==&partid=28131

Flow charts, where the price difference comes in. Not exactly expensive anymore????
I guess it depends. Just what are you doing? What are you trying to achieve?
Do you need more than 600 HP?

Victor head porting page
http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/1headflowchartscomparisons.php#sbvic
3 levels of the RPM porting page
http://www.hughesengines.com/TechArticles/1headflowchartscomparisons.php#SBLARPM

VICTOR HEAD FLOW RATES
as per Hughes Engines from there shop.
Lift ` Intake `Exhaust
.050 ` 39.3 ` 29.7
.100 ` 75.8 ` 57.4
.150 ` 116.1 ` 84.8
.200 ` 167.4 ` 115.5
.250 ` 207.6 ` 134.5
.300 ` 238.5 ` 154.1
.350 ` 267.5 ` 170.9
.400 ` 296.2 ` 187.0
.450 ` 320.9 ` 201.7
.500 ` 339.3 ` 212.3
.550 ` 348.5 ` 221.4
.600 ` 357.3 ` 227.7
.650 ` 362.4 ` 233.6
.700 ` 366.7 ` 238.6
.750 ` 371.1 ` 243.1
.800 ` 371.3 ` 246.7

Thought I saw another thread on these where an engine builder was talking about sorting out what rockers to use with these heads and that tti were making pipes to suit,but can't find the thread. Can anyone point me to it?

Found it, IMM engines has some pictures and a few comments on their Facebook page, thought it was a thread on here.

The heads aren't cheap but looking at what it costs to buy a W5 or Indy head and have all the work done to get near this level of flow and the quality of the castings I'm thinking it may be an option once someone sorts out rockers for them. Good to see TTI are making pipes for them.

I tought they were using the w2 and w5 rockers

and wasnt they suppose to use w5 headers???

and whats the diference between w2 and w5 exhaust port
I tought they were the same

I asked Brian about this build while talking to him Friday about some replacement part numbers and he told me the build was on hold while the custom pieces needed for a build are being created by the suppliers , he is going to make this a magazine build and is waiting on Kent Ritter to send him a block apparently they have worked out the machining issues and are getting ready to start shipping the latest version of their blocks , as most of you know these blocks are the way to go if you are building a north of 800hp small block which is what these heads are supposed to be capable of . Fingers crossed this will start happening in the coming weeks .

Here's the difference between the W5 and the new Victors:
EDVictor-vs-MoparW5.jpg

This is the W2:
Dual-Bolt-Pattern-Head.jpg

Thought I saw another thread on these where an engine builder was talking about sorting out what rockers to use with these heads and that tti were making pipes to suit,but can't find the thread. Can anyone point me to it?

For which heads?

I believe that was in reference to the Victors.

I believe that was in reference to the Victors.
ok thanks . it gets hard to follow along at times.

Anyway, to answer part of his question . T&D and Harland sharp have rockers that will fit the eddys, and if one were to rev them past 7k . I would run hollow stem ferrea intakes at the very least with manley tool steel retainers and manley nextek valves . for max effort apps, the heads need to be ported by someone that knows what they are doing.

if one is swapping the intakes out only and running their own springs, it is cheaper to buy the heads with the valves then just ebay the intakes.

in case the valve stem heights are fairly uneven between the intakes and exhaust, lash caps can be run on the shorter valve even with solid lifters.

I work at Crower and I am prototyping individual shaft mounted Stainless steel rockers. These will need to have the shafts stands that are already there milled down to a flat surface so the rocker mounting plate can be bolted down. Don't worry this will not cost a thing in the future, I am working with edelbrock to have a part number made so this will be done right from them. I have tested many of these heads and they flow from 360-370cfm out of the box. With a skilled hand there is plenty of room for major power.

Question!

Why would the rockers need to be on individual shafts and not a single long shaft?

How far down is the milling intended to be?

How is it better vs. an OOTB & bolt on.

A single shaft would be simple but here at Crower we like things that last and putting needle bearings on the rockers makes for just a better piece. Plus it make adjustment WAY easier. Going to look something like this. I know its chevy but think mopar. Plus since Crower is almost a racing only shop mostly everything we make is made for tuneablity so changing rocker ratios while at the track is super easy. This is not that important for a drag racer but guys who go straight then turn left only to repeat again, this is important.
drag_1-5_3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! It wasn't that hard to make the mind stretch to think Mopar with that set up. I see what you are saying about the set up now. At first it was a little hard to see in my head by now I get it.

A single shaft would be simple but here at Crower we like things that last and putting needle bearings on the rockers makes for just a better piece. Plus it make adjustment WAY easier. Going to look something like this. I know its chevy but think mopar. Plus since Crower is almost a racing only shop mostly everything we make is made for tuneablity so changing rocker ratios while at the track is super easy. This is not that important for a drag racer but guys who go straight then turn left only to repeat again, this is important.
drag_1-5_3.jpg

And yours are made of ......

Any time frame for there appearance?

drag_1-5_3.jpg
Worked for a Crower dealer, you guys,don't cut corners..... Still offering, the Pro 55 flat tappet option?

-
Back