**NEW Edelbrock Victor Series Small Block Heads**

-
LMAO. And to that I agree. I agree on a point of needing a better head to make more power and a larger cam will have diminishing results to the point of zero.

I disagree that his point pushing is a issue he can not let go of and has been proven wrong long ago and still on going to this day.

I'm not going to argue here any more with this guy who knows something but not enough to complete a pamphlet.
Far be it for me To claim better or more.

He reminds me of the guys that told me I'll never brake into the 12's with a OE intake. I can't run this, I can't do that.
OMG!

Hell! The OE poster is running these heads and not I!!!! (Yet!) And if he thinks he going to make 700+hp, well GOD bless him and good luck, I look foward to the build and dyno results.
(Not that I'm interested in a copy cat engine! A better head is what I would be looking at.)

On the 4spd note, hell yea.
Well as i just said i ran high 11s with a LD- 340 manifold:poke::D
Yeah it's something i can appreciate but will never experience in my lifetime..........I guess i shouldn't say never, but you know what i'm saying.

I just can see someone saying it is not possible to produce *** HP when the head flow numbers have the Possibility to do it.
And then push for a different head because the "In his eyes", the inferior head requires to much can for his like.

I just can see someone saying it is not possible to produce *** HP when the head flow numbers have the Possibility to do it.
And then push for a different head because the "In his eyes", the inferior head requires to much can for his like.
Yup and then have to big of a cam and too big of a head. yeah i get it.

My 408 made 550-575hp on pump 93 with a flat solid cam, so with more compression and a good roller 600 should be possible.

IMO guys that are buying the new Victor heads are going to be high hp race or street/strip efforts, much like the Indy 360 stuff. I've never seen anyone looking to make 450 hp buy a set of Indy heads. It's like buying a set of 3/4 drive sockets to change your faucets. Buy the right tool for the job at hand.

It's going to be interesting what the dollars come out to, compared to the 360-.. and w2s/w5s all shake down. Also the power levels.
This is going to take years, to shake down, but still excited to see how some of these builds turn out.

Especially when people like MRL and IMM Dig Deep into the possible flaws, and figure out the package!!!!!

I'm sure it has been hashed out in one of the previous 14 pages but............ Been on the eddy sight looking at the victor head setup. This note made me go Hmmmmm

* Please Note: These heads are designed to accommodate stock Big Block Mopar Wedge Rocker arm assemblies (.150" minimum intake offset).

So maybe a well "sorted out" valve train, may not be as difficult.....?

Nah, no where near these heads, just a little bit of "look-e-looks" going on here.:D

D1489FE2-91CC-41A6-BF81-7AD2003F145A_zpsmmo9oerq.jpg

Nice!!! lets see the intake side.
63802B82-86C5-48E3-9307-ACDDD0717E91_zpsuzokuxlt.jpg

26BD60D7-6775-407F-B9FF-9D844F1030F3_zpsazlva0xr.jpg

This is a 48 degree block so there's some clearancing for pushrods but it's nowhere near as bad as I envisioned and IMO fits better than a 59 degree setup would. I also have to machine for the inner row head bolts. For some reason, Edelbrock put a tapped hole with a helicoil there as if it were like a hemi and used inner valley studs.

Last edited:
End rail spacers included with purchase?
Pic's of the inner row head bolts that needed work please.

Last edited:
End rail spacers in lured with purchase?
Pic's of the inner row head bolts that needed work please.
In fact, you get a set in each box! Lol. Here's a close up of the inner head holes.
B86ED951-19F5-4BFC-82C8-8F6E1B1AB2E1_zpsfpucp06e.jpg

E5B566CE-A98A-4CE6-9024-4626C882DA6D_zpsykiflmbg.jpg

Each inner head bolt hole is intersected by an oil drain passage which is just flat strange. Here's the top side of the oil drain
9F69A291-5415-4392-BB57-283B5B68D8D5_zps2tk8ql9p.jpg

Further examination reveals the fact that these threaded holes don't even line up with the inner head bolt locations so there must be some other reason why they're there.

Last edited:
Are the intake runners on these heads 225cc as advertised,thought they would be a bit bigger as the indys are 230 and 245cc

Are the intake runners on these heads 225cc as advertised,thought they would be a bit bigger as the indys are 230 and 245cc
I'll be checking the port and chamber volumes this weekend and I'll report back. I would like to see a bigger port version of this head but for this combo, the 225cc will probably make more low end power. This is a car show/cruise in type deal.
They offer the proport unported version. I would assume that Hughes might have his own version at some point that's larger?

Last edited:
Rumble I really don't think he is trying to start a pissing match. And i'm not either but i kinda have to agree with him.
Here is my mind set.
Can a 340/360 head be ported to make 270 cfm? YES i have done it. but not before i found water and broke into the roof on one of the spring pads.
I bought a set of rhs head and had IMM put 2.02 in it and maching spring for my cam. Had to flow test them heads before i installed them
they flowed 274 cfm at the lift i have for my cam.
They were way quieter and stable flow. at that same cfm.
Them rhs head got my 3860 pound car in the high 11s at 4400 feet. Not a chance in hell them 360 head i ported would have come even close to that kind of number, even thow they basically flowed the same cfm.
not even if i put a bigger cam in it.
This is what i think he is trying to say.................

Your execution was off. Others as well as myself touch and surpass that number.
For the roof, the only reasonable hinderence is the one head bolt that is set lower than the others, those you press a .080 hardened washer into. I find one set out of probably 4-5 sets , that have the potential to go the big numbers, not every head will.
....now back to your normal programming

Crower also makes a steel rocker for those heads Hemirunner.... member Dart19666 (shane) works there and has posted some picts

-
Back