New fish in the ocean

-

Claudius

Reaction score
Greetings to all Mopar fans and especially to all Barracuda lovers. My '68 notchback coupe is finally getting some work after sitting out of the weather for roughly 20 years. This is a family car (my aunt) and I knew it long before I was old enough to drive. In between looking for a new job, I have been doing some of the work that takes plenty of time but little cash and is very messy.

Here are the known specs on this "electric blue" baby:
1) Engine: 318 (not original block) with 0.040" oversize, hot tanked with new cam bearings and frost plugs. It is in very fine shape and I have plans to bring its output to >350hp.
2) Heads: from a 340 to replace the stock heads, hot tanked and not needing to be rebuilt (per my machinist), unless the camshaft I choose mandates stronger springs.
3) Tranny: A904, column shifter. I plan to keep this original module and have it rebuilt with a Stage 2 valve body. The shop will also rebuild the original torque converter to make it a 2200-2400 stall.
4) Brakes: 10" stock drums all around and I can migrate to an 8-3/4 rear end some day with these. The entire braking system has been completely replaced but I chose to keep drums, rather than pay for discs on the front.
5) Rear end: Sadly, this has a wimpy 7-1/4 open differential as its original equipment. For now, I would really like to chat with anyone who could help me get access to a Sure Grip so that I could spin the tires once in a blue moon. I have no plans to race this car.

I am in the Calgary, AB region and would especially like to get to know anyone else in the area who loves these Fast Fish.

Cuda and family.jpg

Et tu Claudius?Welcome to FABO.I think you will find a lot or people here who like the fishes,me being one of them.One more thing.................

:worthles:

We like our car **** here.8)

Welcome Claudius :cheers: We have some great Canadians here and some folks from around the world to enjoy :happy10:
Like everyone said here :-D get ready to be hooked because you just found the best of the best tec's and folks out there :cheers:
Greetings from Arkansas

Hi! Nice ride. This is the best sight ever.I just picked up 15in. discbrake setup and 8 1/4 rear setup for my 67 coupe.

Welcome aboard from a Fastback owner who's had hers about as long as you have. You'll find everything you're looking for and more. Make yourself at home!

Welcome aboard from a fellow Canadian.That's a fine looking fish you have,I always did like the notchbacks and that one looks great in blue.

-
Back