****New forum!!!...Just for us 'Vert guys!!!****

-
I think Joey made a wise move adding this forum for the vert people. I am very glad to have it and will find it very useful in the near future.

Thanks Joey!!!​

My question, my 69 dart has the power top.
would it hurt anything not re-installing the components?
What is the difference between a power top vs a non-power? thanks Lawrence

What is the difference between a power top vs a non-power?

Let’s see, power top; sitting comfortably behind wheel, push a button twenty seconds later snap latches to secure top, or hydraulics disconnected, hoist your frances out of driver’s seat, standing centered in rear seat area bend over yard the top out of the well, lift it overhead to front of car, relocate backside to driver’s seat, pull top to windshield and flip the latches.

I see no difference…

would it hurt anything not re-installing the components?

Only your back.

LOL

isn't there a spring assist or something that the non power tops have ?
I have never had a convertible without a power top.

Congratulations Vert Guys and Galls :cheers:

Thought I'd contribute...

DSC01718.jpg

P1040742_resize.jpg

P1040743_resize.jpg

P1040741_resize.jpg

:)

isn't there a spring assist or something that the non power tops have ?
I have never had a convertible without a power top.

On my '65, the top pops up a little when I release it from the hold-downs. The top is light, I dont know if there are extra springs or not.

I have to plan to have the top down before I leave. Putting it up takes just a few seconds at a light if need be, but not nearly the convenience of having a power top. The only pro I can think of, is the car doesnt have the additional weight of the top ram's and the pump.

The car is pretty much a no-option car, except GT V8 4bbl Package & HD Suspension package w10" Drums. No PS, no PB, No Power Top

Awesome!!:glasses7:

Now if life would calm down and the economy would pick up some....I could get my `68 Dart up and running!:protest:

I read through the " should we do it or not convert thread " earlier and have been here since checking out the tips etc. Found the good deal latches, saw the stiffening in the rocker arms, well done guys.

And thanks FABO / JOEY.

I posted one pic of my convert already but here's another, although not a A body It's a good 30 foot car and looks better in this photo than it really is that's the detailing the day before and the shade but I like it

my5QYV9.jpg

Nice R/T there Tallhair!! I believe all Mopars are welcome around here,'as well as all blondes,redheads and brunettes!!! Welcome to the site!! Geof

I read through the " should we do it or not convert thread " earlier and have been here since checking out the tips etc. Found the good deal latches, saw the stiffening in the rocker arms, well done guys.

And thanks FABO / JOEY.

I posted one pic of my convert already but here's another, although not a A body It's a good 30 foot car and looks better in this photo than it really is that's the detailing the day before and the shade but I like it

my5QYV9.jpg

Me likey your R/T tallhair.:cheers:

-
Back