New, from Oklahoma!

-

DadGum_Teen

Reaction score
I guess I will be one of the tikes running around here, I am 17, raised here in Bixby, OK. You can call me Jon. And I apologize if the username creates any issues, I didn't think it was anything innapropriate, but my dad sure took offense when he saw the name while I was surfing the site. I started with a 73 Duster 225ci with mediocre paint. It now has a mild 360 bolted to a 727 with a 3.23 Yukon posi, in an 8 3/4. The interior has been worked over a little and it now also has a new paint job thanks to Show Image Customs. I did the stripping and some major body work last summer, and then he straightened it up and sprayed it a sublime green with flat black accents. If your looking for a painter in OK, just send me a message, this guy did a fantastic job for the price. I am looking forward to meeting members of the FABO community, and I hope my little bit of experience will help out a few people. I am enrolled in a Tulsa Tech program, I am a first year student. But I have mainly learned from googling questions/howstuffworks/performance sites. I hope to move onto mechanical engineering, or taking a course for something strictly performance related. So If anyone wants to throw out advice about that, feel free.

I can try to get some pictures of the new paint with a phone and see how it turns out, but unfortionately, I broke my families camera when it plummeted 5 foot towards a cement floor at a Mecum auto auction. :(

Well, that's about it for me. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Welcome aboard young gun. Look for the thread "Young guns sign in here"

Welcome from Owasso, OK! There are quite a few Oklahoma members on here.

I have taken quite a few Tulsa Tech classes over the years - auto painting, body work, welding, several electronics classes, and am now taking a machine shop class. Tulsa Tech seems to have first rate equipment and top notch instructors. It's well worth your time and money.

Bruce

welcome aboard you dad gum teen. i'm in sapulpa. my son & i race at tulsa racewaypark. he got his start when he was a senoir in high school. he was the 2006 high school champ, 2007 no-e runner up, 2008 sportsman champ - 2008 no-e mopar points series champ, & this years 2009 trp no-e champ.
theres something about these mopars & racing that gets you hooked. he was also one of those dad gum teens. when you come out to trp this year, look us up. we will be racing the hemi orange 1971 demon.

Welcome aboard Jon! It's great to have you here.

I'm not one bif offended ... in fact, I'm smiling because you just reminded me of my dad (he said dad gummit all the time, usually when I was a teen lol).

As Rumblefish360 mentioned, check out my Young Guns -- Sign In and Win contest in the General Discussion. It's a great opportunity to tell your story and maybe win something cool.

You'll have a great time here!

Welcome to the site, glad you joined up Jon. I hope you get another camera or you can get you photos posted somehow, we would like to see your Duster, it sounds like a sweet little ride.
I remember when I was a Dad Gum Teen, I'm sure that people thought/said a lot worse of me than I was, but being a 16 yr old w/ a 383 Magnum powered 71 Super Bee I raised as much Hell as I could back in my teenage years. I'm really amazed I made it through those years with out a scratch.
It makes me happy to see another young man involved in Mopars.

Welcome to FABO, Jon. You're going to have fun here!
We have relatives and friends in the Tulsa area.

Welcome and Dadgummit !! I like your user name :cheers:
Jump on in Young Gun and enjoy :happy10:

-
Back