new guy from alaska

-

ak69swinger

Reaction score
Hello from alaska.i am 42 years old and born and raised in ak. I am restoring a 1969 dart swinger 340(bright turqoise, black vinyl top). The car was bought new bye my best friends father who passed away when we were very young kids. The car sat in garage for years and was passed on to my best friend. We cruised the car for many many years and melted off countless sets of tires together. Unfortunately my best friend has now also passed away. His family has passed the car on to me on a promise that i would restore it. At the present time the car is completely torn down to a skeleton and has recieved misc new sections of sheetmetal. It is well on its way....will be in primer and paint in the next 2 weeks. Pretty excited about my project as i have alot of history in the dart. Good day to you all! -Ak69swinger

Welcome. Frankly, I cannot imagine attempting to own and maintain a classic "up there." Good friend of mine moved to Palmer some time ago. He had a Chevelle, but I believe he finally sold it.

Welcome to the Madness !! I am originally from Anchorage (Elmendorf AFB)

Welcome and thanks for doing the right thing with that Dart:cheers: Let us know if we can help with any questions...

Dave,

Welcome, I'm a former AK resident also! At least you can drive it in the summer!! (Or in the winter with a piece of card board over the grille and studded tires! Land of the midnight sun!!

Welcome to FABO. Glad to see another '69 Swinger being restored, post up some pictures!

Welcome to FABO,
I am originally from Fairbanks and I also lived in Tok for a few years

Welcome from Lethbridge, Alberta.
We are just 50 miles north of the Montana/Canadian border.

Welcome from NJ! I also was a former AK resident. I was there in Turnagin Arm for the "Big One" in '64!

-
Back