New Guy from Oz

-

OUR-360

Reaction score
Hi all,
Thought I'd finally join the great forum you have here. Been into Mopars since before I had a license to drive. Had several cars that I should have kept but we've all been there, thinking about it just makes you cry. In the shed at the moment I have a 76 Dodge 'ute' (pick-up) running a 360/727 combo. It's a good daily driver and a little bit of fun rolled into one.

Joining the Dodge in the shed soon will be a Sassy Grass Green 71 Duster Twister. Hopefully it will land on our shores and clear customs soon. Here is a photo from the guys I bought it from in Texas. If anyone has any information or history on the car I would greatly appreciate it. I know Tripnozzi Muscle Cars in Grand Junction Colorado had it at one time before it went to auction at Barrett Jacksons.

Well enough from me, hope your having a good day.

Cheers
James

1a.jpg

Welcome aboard! You'll have a great time around here. Post a few pics of that Ute when you get the chance, and the Twister as well. Make yourself at home.

Welcome to Fabo! I bet you are really excited about that beautiful Duster!

I would like to see some pictures of your "Ute."

Welcome to FABO! You're going to have fun here.
Post pics of your 'ute' and your new Duster when it gets 'down under'.

Thanks, good to feel so welcome here. I have posted a few pics of my ute in the gallery and will add more later on. Will have plenty of the Duster one it arrives.

Cheers
James

Welcome to FABO James.
Cool lookin' rides you got there!
Keep us updated. (pics, stories, etc.)
Lots of good people here.

Great looking Duster James! It's good to see a few of them around now. I think I might have to invest in some big wheels like yours, it really does set them off nicely.

Ben.

Thanks Ben, yeah the wheels finish it off well. They are 18" Coy C5's. All of the Duster's I have seen here so far have got 15" Weld's, Centrelines or Rallye wheels.

Mopar Sunday seems to be getting bigger and bigger each year. We were hoping to have the Twister in time but that didn't happen unfortunately. To make things worse the windscreen wipers in the ute were not working again that weekend. So with it raining at home that morning I wasn't about to risk the three hour trip driving blind, not on our roads thanks. I ended up getting a ride with mates in a Statesman (Aussie GM product) to make sure i got there.

Anybody got an idea as to the number of '71 Sassy Grass Green 'Twisters' produced? I know Chrysler were not the best at record keeping but thought some of you may know. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
James

-
Back