New guy with his old Barracuda

-

steve&nick

Reaction score
Good morning. My name is Steve. I've had my '65 Barracuda since '87. I turned it into my own little street beast, back then.
Then got married, had a couple of kids, put it into storage, and relocated. The last time I really tore into it, there was no internet. I'm going to pick it up, next weekend with my 15 year old son (Nick) and am very excited about getting it home. I've already started scheming about what we will and need to do. I found your site and thought it a perfect place to start for reference, sourcing, and ideas. Last time all I had was Hemmings, my local bone yards, and my own twisted imagination. I look very forward to having other folks to talk Mopar, thoughts, and problems with.

Thanks

Welcome! You will find a wealth of different tastes and opinions on this site, and people here are some of the most helpful Mopar fans out there. Start a gallery in your profile or post some pics of you car when you have some time, I am sure people would love to see it.

Once again, welcome. Hope to see the direction you are taking your car!

Welcome to FABO!!! Cool, reminds me of my dads car! He bought his 66 formula S in 1976, stored it while us kids were growing up, then in 1985-1986 he started restoring it, I was around 10 years old and I went to every junk yard with him and we always fought over who got to read the "old car bible" first after it came in the mail. Dad still has the car today and is a member here too!

That will be a fun project, especially if your son can be apart of the restoration! Got any pictures of it?

Welcome!!! This is a GREAT site!! Alot of info & parts. Good Luck w/getting the ole car up & running. AND you can't put a price on the "bonding time" w/your boy.

Welcome to both of you! It's awesome to see somebody who's had their car for even longer than I have LOL. You'll find everything you need here. Make yourselves at home and enjoy.

Welcome aboard, It's stories like this that brings back
many great memories :happy2:
looking forward to your posts on this build :cheers:
Pictures are going to be asked for so lets get started :D
Jump on in and enjoy the great folks here.

Welcome to FABO from SoCal! You're going to have fun here. As said before, post up some pics when you get the chance.

Welcome to FABO. Cool to still have your car,even cooler to share it with family.

Welcome to FABO!

You will enjoy this site. Great people and information!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• 2nd Drag Race Side View.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 138
Welcome from Texas.....you will learn everyone loves pictures! Also learn to use the search function here, it has helped me more than once.

Welcome Steve & Nick, good luck on your Cuda and keep us apprised on your progress and ask away if you need any of our brilliant opinions, there is a pile of us of FABO.

-
Back