new hobby/side work

-

hamesdart

Reaction score
well. after my crazy painting experience with my dart I recently painted I had a few people see the car and asked me to do work for them, unfortunalty since its just a hobby for me I cant really just spray cars like I did mine,
So harley's it is!!! I have a bunch of guys with bikes that are asking me to do work for them and a few custom airbrushers got in with me too.
Now I bought my new guns/compressor and plumbed everything in with the drains and water traps and got my 1st bike this week to spray.!!! money money money!!! I could reallly use to finish my car.

well just tested out the new guns and compressor on my 1st harley tank & fender..... fender I did black / gloss. tank was kinda big w/huge recessed emblems on it so I did black/no gloss and having some airbrush work done on it.. this set is test set to have in a shop to show people some of our work on display that me and my buddy are doing, Im laying the base down and I have two custom airbrushers doing the custom art.
Ill get pics sooner then later

pricing starts at 450$ plus materials just to give you an idea,thats wetsanded and buffed out and ready to install for tanks and two fenders with no or very little body work.

good luck. My brothers photography hobby turned into a profitable business until the government caught up with him. The decided his business was worth 25k ( a truck, a camera, and a computer ) so now he owes taxes on it.
i, on the other hand, haven't seen a dime profit from my ventures yet.
One venture hardy funds the next but I take credit for a lot of happy moparing out there and thats good enough for me. :)

well yah, see I kinda just like doing it for fun. after I painted the dart I was determined to see what I could do with a real set-up. So I bought a good compressor which my 1st paint job paint for and a some new guns/hoses...plumbed it all in, and my buddy owns a harley shop and he gave me an extra tank and fender to test out on and try spraying a few parts.... so I did a fat tank flat black and a fender a nice deep black/clear... more just to test the guns and my little paint booth. But everything turned out bitchen!!! looks like glass no runs no orange peel... but i did have a slight dust problem but nothing a litle 1500-2000 and buff wont handle.
All and all people around here charger about 700+$$$ for a standard 1 color tank/2 fenders and im doing a sportster rite now for about 300 for a buddy since he just wanted a quick 1 day macco type jobb. Its just fun for me though, I have a few coming up more in the $600 doller range, and material cost for me is about 200-250 for paint...

picture time!
tank is flat black and fender gloss

fb tank.jpg

fb tank 2.jpg

fb tank 3.JPG

gb fender.JPG

-
Back