NEW IN BOX Mopar Performance Cam & Lifter packages

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting cam. Kind of between the 484 and 508 cams.

If you wanted to bump up the low end a bit, install it in the 102 ICL range. Provided you have appropriate valve to piston clearance.

Be cool if someone could scan the cam card.

Rumble - How did you like the cam? I'm about to put it in my otherwise pretty much stock 360. Little worried about killing what little cyl pressure I already have and it being a dog on the low end. But I bet it'll sound mean at idle! Maybe I'll try Crackedback's trick installing it on a 102 CL....for more low'end. My pistons are stock late 70's 8'ish to 1 or so (maybe less!) and stock heads. Probably mis-matched for the rest of my engine but what the hell, it was a cheap! Couldnt pass it up and it'll be a good experiment....gonna get a RPM intake and 670 Street Avenger.

Anway, how did it work for you?

Can you say where they are coming from. Mine looked like it had been on a shelf its whole life until someone wanted the stickers. Old race shop or something?

I've been getting these from a guy that lives about an hour from me, who managed to score a bunch of obscure MP parts ( lots of discontinued stuff) We wheel and deal, and I come away with small piles of stuff, which I promptly list here.

Interesting cam. Kind of between the 484 and 508 cams.

If you wanted to bump up the low end a bit, install it in the 102 ICL range. Provided you have appropriate valve to piston clearance.

Be cool if someone could scan the cam card.

IMO, that would ILL advised to do. Also, MoPar does not supply a cam card for any cam in the Purple line up.

Rumble - How did you like the cam? I'm about to put it in my otherwise pretty much stock 360. Little worried about killing what little cyl pressure I already have and it being a dog on the low end. But I bet it'll sound mean at idle! Maybe I'll try Crackedback's trick installing it on a 102 CL....for more low'end. My pistons are stock late 70's 8'ish to 1 or so (maybe less!) and stock heads. Probably mis-matched for the rest of my engine but what the hell, it was a cheap! Couldnt pass it up and it'll be a good experiment....gonna get a RPM intake and 670 Street Avenger.

Anway, how did it work for you?

I realize a minor error on my behalf. I had the flat track version. A very minor adjustment to the cam, same idea though.

I installed mine as per the instructions @ 106, ruff idle, like a lumber jack on crack freaking out for his next dose. It'll sound mean.

IF, if your bottom end is in good shape, mill the heads for another point or more compression to get the lazy out of the bottom end. IMO, the heads would help power output of this cam greatly if bowl ported.

Chances are, your late 70's 360 mill is about 7.9-1 give or take a tenth either way. You really could use some squeeze. I suggest a loose gear set and at least a mild converter of 2500+. I found it nice and torque-y in the mid RPM range. I had it in a 4spd car.

The engine's RPM range was short, but, it was capable of just blowing the tires loose easy. The 4spd keeps it in the area needed to do so. My engine was also 9.8-1 360, W/J heads, 2.02's. and 4.10 gears in a '73 Cuda.

I don't know what you like, what you can live with or what you expect out of it. However, a idle note will certainly be known and a decent set of mufflers will put a little fear of the Lord Pentastar in the creatans (SP?) vain's.

Not to sidetrack this, put lots of 484 and 508-509 cams with 108lsa in at 100-102. Pick your spot for an icl, this one isn't much different. Need/want some grunt, advance the ICL.

Thought I saw a card once or twice, maybe not...

Thanks Tony received mine last week. Using this cam in my 65 dart Gt with my 9.0 compression pre-magnum short block, 974 casting heads with 2.02/1.60 valves and 3 angle valve job. My cc's are 67 because of slight milling done but using the Mopar .024" head gaskets to get a little over 9 to 1. Gonna use a Bob Mazzolini comp 904 reverse manual 2.76 low gear tranny. ACC night stalker 2200-2800 torque convertor. Bought new TTI headers from TTI at the Spring Fling CPW show. Great guys at TTI by the way. 4.56 gears for now in 489 casting. Will let you guys know how it comes out.... Can't wait to hear this bad boy idle! Gonna be for cruising on the street mostly...:D

Thanks Tony received mine last week. Using this cam in my 65 dart Gt with my 9.0 compression pre-magnum short block, 974 casting heads with 2.02/1.60 valves and 3 angle valve job. My cc's are 67 because of slight milling done but using the Mopar .024" head gaskets to get a little over 9 to 1. Gonna use a Bob Mazzolini comp 904 reverse manual 2.76 low gear tranny. ACC night stalker 2200-2800 torque convertor. Bought new TTI headers from TTI at the Spring Fling CPW show. Great guys at TTI by the way. 4.56 gears for now in 489 casting. Will let you guys know how it comes out.... Can't wait to hear this bad boy idle! Gonna be for cruising on the street mostly...:D

That sounds like it's gonna be a fun ride!

Yeah it will be and I can't wait to get er done! Hey Tony, what's the comp. ratio of those Venolia 360 pistons with head cc? Can I get some pics? Thanks :burnout:

I wish I had some extra money right now as I would buy a extra 1 of these cams... I have 1 in my circle track street stock car and they rock-n-roll... 360 +.030, 11 to 1, 2.02 1.60 J heads, headers X pipe 2 1/2 duals out the door no mufflers, Mopar performance dual plain intake, 4412 holly, we have to run the 2 barrel... It pulls hard to 7200 It will idle at 1000 and dont really like the auto trans we have to run...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back