new in Oklahoma

-

car2back

Reaction score
Hello all, this is Phil from Skiatook, OK. I've always been a Chevy guy, but was recently bitten by the Mopar bug that afflicted my father and grandpa before I as born (1986) :D

I recently purchase a 1973 Plymouth Scamp with 137,000 original miles on the 225 slant six and automatic transmission. I've wanted a valiant/dart type A body since I was a kid, don't ask me why. Plans include a 400+ hp 360 built off a 5.9 magnum shortblock, 8.75in 3.23 rear axle swap and the best part transplanting my Dad's A body 833 4 speed and V gate shifter he mangaged to hold on to all these years 8)

I've already learned a ton of things from lurking on here, thanks ahead of time for all the help to come!

Welcome to FABO car2.

If you've been lurking around here for a while then you know we like our car **** sooooooooooo................

:worthles:

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

let's see if I can link from Facebook....

7423_284417930523_723295523_9008483_7921779_n.jpg

7423_284535930523_723295523_9011244_849154_n.jpg

It's got some surface rust on the top where the vinyl top was, I'll try to snap some pics of that soon, and of course the typical stuff on the lower quarter panels behind the wheels. As far as I can tell it's been an Oklahoma car ever since it was bought new and registered in early 1973, not sure how many owners it's been passed though but I found a notebook in the glove box documenting the oil changes from 1985 to 1997 that leads me to believe the milage is pretty accurate!

Welcome to fabo !
That scamp looks like it's got great potential .
looking forward to seeing updates of your build .
Have Fun !:cheers:

Nice to see another A body guy from Oklahoma. My parents live on the lake in Skiatook.

Welcome !!

......at the greatest Mopar site on the web as i'm sure you have already figured out. Looks like you have got a great start on a project with some great plans for it in mind. Glad to have ya so start asking questions. Believe it or not there are folks on here that have already walked the path your about to head down and they're top notch on the help issue. Welcome from Missouri
Small Block

Welcome Aboard From A Fellow Okie! I'm Just Down The Road At Sapulpa, Work & Race In Tulsa. Be Sure To Come Out To Tulsa Raceway Park November 7th For The Mopar Race & Show. You Will Enjoy This Site. Lots Of Good People & Info.

Welcome Phil. That was a great game in Chapman Stadium last night. I don't know if you're a Tulsa fan, but they are a good/tough team. They had me worried a couple of times. Like us, the Hurricane "usually" wins at home.

Go Boise State Broncos!

Hey Phil, welcome aboard from your neighbor in northwest Tennessee! It's terrific to have you and your Scamp here with us. Keep us posted on the progress.

Thanks to everyone! I'm planning on finally getting my hands dirty tomorrow... the slant six starts and runs great but the 4 wheel drums are out. I've got a donor F body I'm going to eventually rob the front discs off of, but I think for now I'm just going to overhaul what is on it so I can drive it a little bit and concentrate on all the body & interior work it needs first, then will come the fun stuff :D

Nice to see another A body guy from Oklahoma. My parents live on the lake in Skiatook.

Welcome !!

I live out that way too, lovely country! I don't know how long they've been out there, but my Granddad's place is just west of "Greenwoods"/Osage Travel plaza on the west end of town... up until the mid 90's he had a pasture full of old A body valiant and Cudas... My dad grew up in the late 70s early 80s with a lot of cool play toys ;)

Welcome to FABO from SoCal! You're gonna have fun here.
My oldest stepson, his wife and little boy live in the Tulsa area. Pretty country. And although my wife is a native Californian, she insists she's an 'Okie' because both her parents were originally from Oklahoma.

Welcome Aboard From A Fellow Okie! I'm Just Down The Road At Sapulpa, Work & Race In Tulsa. Be Sure To Come Out To Tulsa Raceway Park November 7th For The Mopar Race & Show. You Will Enjoy This Site. Lots Of Good People & Info.

Is there a swap meet at this event? I may be interested in picking up a used 360 if we grab the Duster we're looking at.

Sorry to threadjack!

yes ther will be one. go to the tulsa raceway park website to see the flier.

I didnt realize there were so many Okies here. Phil let me know if you need any help locating any parts you need, i'm in Owasso. I think i;m going to get a FABO shirt to wear to the strip in a couple weeks.

-
Back