New job, kinda

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
So this week Im working for a friend at his body shop, and hopefully I'll be working there full time soon.

Current projects are a 71 Cuda 440 6bbl, 4 speed, dana. (was a 383 Barracuda)
74 Barracuda 4 speed, 69 Chevelle SS396, 69 Nova SS396, 67 Camaro, 32 Chevy coupe and some old Volvo. Plus the collision work that rolls in (or doesnt roll in as the case may be.)

I told him he needed help so we can get my car in and painted all ready.

Pictures to come.

Sounds like some great projects stacked up there Adam..........

I'd like to sneak in that shop with a video camera for some highlights.

Post some pics of these beauties. 8)

Adam, in light of your recent posts about the economy and being slow at your jobs, that's great news!!! I'm happy for ya. Sounds like you'll be right at home over there.

forgot my camera today but I dont think anyone cares to see the M3 BMW or Chrysler 300 I worked on today anyways. I'll bring the camera in the morning.

Heres a few pics from work.

IM000311.JPG

IM000312.JPG

IM000313.JPG

IM000314.JPG

I worked in a body shop while I was in college, I loved it. I got to be around classic cars allday everyday! Congrats on the new job.

Congrats Adam! Having an "IN" at a body shop is a HUGE benefit in our hobby! Good luck!

BTW: That's a Volvo P1800.... neat old car. The wagon versions are quite rare.

I'm glad you posted the rear 1/4 shot of the Cuda. I'm in need of full 1/4 replacement on both side of my '73, and a ton more...........

John, There's a wagon sitting in the parking lot.

Rob, The Cuda is getting a ton of work. I'll get more picture soon. We got 2 new Goodmark gilled fenders for it today.

The Chevelle gets jammed in the morning then its off to get the new top put on before getting painted.

... We got 2 new Goodmark gilled fenders for it today...

Adam, though it's totally unrelated to this, would you mind letting me know what you think of that Goodmark sheet metal? Ordered some parts from them for a 71 GMC last year and ended up having to send everything back; there was a lot more involved in trying to make them work than anticipated. Thanks in advance!

Sounds like you're digging the new job!

Congrats on the new job, hopefully it turns into something permanent for you. I was wondering why they did not use the oem style quarter on the cuda with all the other parts being changed in that area. Just curious. Good luck with the job.

Andy, Im not sure why the guy bought the cheap skins. Are the full 1/4s out yet ? The guy keeps saying the car was garaged for 10 years, I think the garage needed a roof or it was in a lake for 10 years before. The car also needs a tail panel and a ton of fab work.

Leanna we jokingly call Goodmark stuff Goodluck at the shop. We had to send parts back before. The 69 Chevelle has goodmark fenders and 1/4s and aftermarket trunk lid tail panel and doors from someone else. Everything needed work to fit right.

The Goodmark Cuda fenders have nice crisp lines but who knows how they are going to fit. I dont think the guy is even planning on using them. I think he bought them just to have.

The 74 Has Goodmark fenders on it also.

I was wondering what Leanna asked. Glad she asked. I'll be in the same boat and then some with that car.

congrats adam looks like a cool place to work at!

I always liked those old mid 60's Volvos, If I could find a nice one I'd drop a small block in it.

here is a very nice and fast one, already done, sorry chevypowered but totaly streetable
http://www.nitroz.se/NitrozAnnonsNY/viewad.aspx?adid=24348#toppen

quick search netted 9 normal and 7 ES stationwagon P1800´s for sale on just one webpage over here and i dont even want one, wish i could find 16 dusters on a quick searsh instead;)
http://www.blocket.se/li?ca=11_s&th=1&q=P1800&cg=1020&w=3&ps=&pe=&rs=&re=&ms=&me=&gb=&fu=

I took a look at the Volvos. Took a second for me to remember those prices aren't in DOLLARS

-
Back