New member from Colorado

-

Colohusker

Reaction score
Hey there, my son just got a 70 Duster, his member name is 70DusterNM and I'm just here to help him with the build.

So, his duster is a blank canvas, straight body with just a little rust, no engine or tranny. Just looking for thoughts on what order you guys would do things in. I'm thinking front brakes, powertrain, and then body. If it was my car, I'd do powertrain last, but it would be nice if he could drive it sooner than later.

So I'm glad we found this forum, from what I can tell from browsing you guys are great and very knowledgeable.

Welcome. I must warn you that these guys are going to demand pictures. Much of your rebuild depends on how much money that you have to spend and how patient you are. This site is a wealth of information about your duster, but I am sure if you asked 10 people on here what to do you would get 10 different answers. Although I know all of them would agree on one thing and that is making a plan and sticking with it. It gets really expensive when you start to deviate or second guess yourself and change things up.
Myself I don't mind driving a car that is a work in progress and I know it will never be a trailer queen or in the mopar rags, but everytime I drive a car that I have brought back from the dead it puts a big smile on my face. Good luck and I think that it is cool that you are helping your son with the build.

Hey there, my son just got a 70 Duster, his member name is 70DusterNM and I'm just here to help him with the build.

So, his duster is a blank canvas, straight body with just a little rust, no engine or tranny. Just looking for thoughts on what order you guys would do things in. I'm thinking front brakes, powertrain, and then body. If it was my car, I'd do powertrain last, but it would be nice if he could drive it sooner than later.

So I'm glad we found this forum, from what I can tell from browsing you guys are great and very knowledgeable.[ WELCOME TO FABO GUYS PUT DISC BRKS ON FRT I WOULD SAY THE LEAST INEXSPENSIVE WAY TO GO IS, 360 ENG 904 TRANS AND 8 3/4 REAR END, LOT OF PARTS OUT THERE FOR THAT COMBO. IF YOU GO TO THE LEFT SIDE OF PAGE AND TAP ON THE PIC. OF MY CAR .AND THEN ON PROFILIE. YOU CAN SEE SOME INFO ON MY 360 DRAG CAR AND PICS. GOOD LUCK ON BUILD. GARY/quote]:cheers:

Welcome, glad to have you here! Castle Rock, CO here .. Let me know if you need a hand with your build. :thumleft:

Welcome,welcome to FABO.You will get all your answers here for sure.Post some pics,let's see what ya got.8)

Thanks, and I'm sure he'll have tons of questions and so will I. Been a while since I did anything mopar, used to have an Aspen that I raced 25 years ago.

Badart - I know what you mean about bringing something back and having a smile every time you drive it. My project vehicle is a rough and rusty 71 Chevy truck that was dead when I got it, but runs decent now. It won't win any beauty or speed contests, but my gas mileage keeps improving as rust falls off when I drive it with a big smile on my face since it's mine, it's paid for, and it's unique and would be at the pile of a crusher without my work on it.

As far as powertrain, to get it driving we'll probably throw a builder 318 and a 727 in it. One of my relatives has a 440 and A833 that we might be able to sweettalk out of later down the road.

Pics will be coming as soon as we get it home, sitting at the previous owner's place since he had to go out of town.

-
Back