New member - need advice

-

DartBart

Reaction score
Recently aqquired a '69'dart swinger. 340 4bbl, fairly rough exterior, interior fair, but it was running when last driven and parked(10 yrs ago).

Trying to decide if parting it out is better, and look for better car. It is #,s matching with an auto trans.

Recently aqquired a '69'dart swinger. 340 4bbl, fairly rough exterior, interior fair, but it was running when last driven and parked(10 yrs ago).

Trying to decide if parting it out is better, and look for better car. It is #,s matching with an auto trans.

Rough to you might mean decent project to others, especially if it's a Texas car, up here in MN we have rust to deal with so cars from dry parts are a good find. Pictures would help but why not sell it whole instead if parting it out? Good luck!

As soon as I have title in hand, I will share pics on forum, i can PM to anyone if you can't wait :). waiting on title.

Welcome from FL!! Woohooo for more Darts! '69...Swinger....340 4bbl....I agree pics are needed, but it'd have to be a real hot mess for me not do dive in :)

But don't listen to me, motorheads are not exactly known for exhibiting restraint.

Why did you PM me a gaggle of imageshack url's?

Post the pictures here for all to see.

don't take much for me to start drooling lol that was a sharp car back new b5 blue white vinyl top

Attachments

• mAVUv1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 185
  • DzgqpQ.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 178
  • nhbam0.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 181
Clean it up, put on front bumper and grill, make it safe, get it running, and drive it as is! You wont have to worry about parking lot dings and everywhere you go someone will want to buy it!

I think the car is too good to part out.
It doesn't appear to have much for rust issues other than surface rust.
But, it's your car........

The engine compartment looks very untouched I do as the others say drive as is then maybe one day do a full resto

Welcome to FABO!!!

Please keep it or sell whole! Too good to part out.

Thanks for saving another classic!!:cheers:

I wouldn't part it out, it definitely looks salvageable. it would make for an awesome driver since you wouldn't have to worry about the pretty paint job. 340 beater car? Sounds like fun.

as soon as I have title in hand, will let you guys know what I decide to do. If I sell whole (probably will be a 'time' based choice- (two teenagers, very busy schedule) I'll decide to try and get it running or pass along. Stay tuned! if you are interested in complete car, PM me. I did get confirmation it's #'s matching, and had tranny rebuilt at some point by aamco.

I think you need to go for it with this car. I see no need to part it out. Mine was much worse than that, and I committed to it anyway.

By the way, welcome from Fredericksburg, VA.

Hey guys, been busy with work and this fell to wayside. HEre is latest- got to examine car more closely, floors are literally gone. There is a rust hole on roof, and water has been running down into car for several years. floorboard (front AND rear) remind me of Fred Flintstone's car. Rockers under doors gone. Hood, front quarters and deck lid ok, just surface. K-member looks good as well.

Bottom line, parts car. Advice on best way to proceed?? Should have title in hand in a week or two, (cousin in SC sending it). Needs to be sold, parted for what is salvageable and go bye-bye...

-
Back