New Member with a new/old 'cuda

-

ericc

Reaction score
Well hello there, I've lurked the forum from time to time tracking down info on this or that, and I've been a fan of old cars, and specifically A bodies since I was a kid (my dad's a mechanic, and builds muscle cars, used to race stock, as well) but I didn't have much call to actually join until last week when I bought a '67 barracuda fastback. I'll be tinkering on it for at least a year to come, so I figured I'd stop by and say hi, my name's eric, on top of being a cuda owner, I'm a comedian and an artist, and currently live in LA... you'll see me around the forum!

Welcome Eric. Post some pics of your ride when you're able. Lotta good folks here at FABO!.

Pat

Welcome. We will only forgive you for lurking if you post pics. And comedy videos.

Welcome to FABO Jeff Koch!

You will enjoy this site - There are lots of great people and information

Like to see some pictures of your car - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - more pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• DSC06825.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 290
Welcome to FABO from another SoCal member. You're going to have fun here.
Post up some pics of your new toy when you get a chance.

thanks for the warm welcome everybody! here's what she looks like right now, I wanted to keep this color, originally, but it seems like time's been too hard to it, the clearcoat is completely gone, so I think it'll wind up black, and this week, I need to rewire her from nose to tail

IMG_2681.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

she needs a bit of work, but internally she's solid. 100% stock, she was a custom job off the lot, with a 273, and a 4bbl carb (which I need to learn to tune properly) a couple of dings, that one on the nose messes with the hood mechanism, so I'm going to try to pull that one first, but she's already really fun to drive, and has a fair amount of get up and go for that little engine, and, of course, since she's a cuda, sounds AMAZING. I'll also post some comedy vids for you guys soon, thanks again for the warm welcome!

EDIT: flickr image sharing wasn't playing nice, images are fixed now

Ma Snart, your dragster is GORGEOUS, and cudachick, that green is really similar to the color I was thinking of going with originally, but I still haven't decided if I want to completely replace the interior to go that route, that gree is really amazing though

Thanks Eric! I've had that beast for a very long time ... and finally getting it where I want it to be.

Can't wait for the comedy videos.

Ma Snart, your dragster is GORGEOUS, and cudachick, that green is really similar to the color I was thinking of going with originally, but I still haven't decided if I want to completely replace the interior to go that route, that gree is really amazing though

Thanks for the kind words

Ma Snart

Welcome eric
looks like a good start

now we got a comedian and a few clowns, there goes the neighborhood

Welcome to the greatest car site in the world. :cheers:

Welcome aboard Eric! just a heads up don't mess with taking the grills out unbolt the nose from the corners to get to the dent easy to do.
The grille carriage bolts snap off or spin nearly every time at least with the nose and grilles removed as one piece they are easier to saturate with penetrating oil.
I think they all have taken a punch in the nose at one time! Thin metal but easy to straighten...

-
Back