New Metallica !

-
A buddy of mine has a bootleg copy of Death Magnetic for me. I pick it up tonight.... 8)

BTW: NYC area concert tickets go on sale Saturday morning for the Nassau Collisiem.

No CT date, I would have bought a few and taken Michelle. Havent seen them since the No were else to Roam tour in 94 with Danzig and S.T.

No way I will make it to the L.I. show.

Sorry but in my opinion metallica went downhill after they ran out of all dave mustaine's ideas :blackeye: And I'm sorry but the guitar "solo" and the drum beats toward the end there really make me cringe. Just my opinion though.

Have you seen some kind of Monster. Its kinda funny when Mustaine crys, LOL

I like Megadeth but no way are they as good as Metallica.

Thanks for posting the link. First song kinda sucked to me but they got better down the list. They were more old school Metallica sounding to me

I have seen Metallica live over 20 times through the years. They were sounding pretty washed up the last couple albums. This looks a bit more promising. Crossing fingers.

LL

I hope Metallica has done something with their live show. I saw them a few years ago and talk about guys who were just going through the motions. It really showed. Godsmack opened for them and blew them away.

I saw them on their Summer Sanitarium tour. They played all their old stuff and only one song from St Anger, so it was pretty good. Also got to see Mudvayne, Deftones, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit open for em:toothy10:

Still like Megadeth better. Dave Mustaine is a better songwriter/guitarist, just my .02

Lars proved who he really was when he took on Napster. All that matters to him is the money coming in. He doesn't give a crap about the music or the fans. They've been phoning it in for more than a decade. I tried to watch that new video, but it just couldn't keep my interest. Throw a bunch of Matallica songs in a blender, mix them up, and pour out some bland crap i don't want to listen to. As with the last couple of albums, they've been hyping this one for months now. I'm tired of it already.

I remember when I heard "Creeping Death" for the first time.... it was on a metal compilation...came out just before "Ride the Lightning" ...I was hooked.
The first time I heard "Fight Fire with Fire", back in '82 ...I was blown out of my seat.
I'm interested to see what Rick Rubin did with them. He's very miminalistic...takes the production out of production...keys on writing. From what I've heard, its got that "Slayer" production ...I think I'm going to enjoy it.

I have the creeping death ep on vinyl. If clear blue. has 4 songs on it. Never listened to it though, LOL I also have a record with Dave Mustain and Ron Mcgoverny (the 1st bassist) Thats pretty cool. They do Mechanics instead of the four horseman.

Mustane was good with Metallica, but he has gave us some dang good crunch with MD so I dont mind the split. Both groups did well in there perspective time.

-RPM

I have the creeping death ep on vinyl. If clear blue. has 4 songs on it. Never listened to it though, LOL I also have a record with Dave Mustain and Ron Mcgoverny (the 1st bassist) Thats pretty cool. They do Mechanics instead of the four horseman.

I've got a copy of No Life Till Leather that I got in 1982 when I first heard these guys.... I have it on cassette, packed away for The Future. I've also got it on CD but it's a crappy copy. If I can locate it maybe I'll share it. ;-)

This past week I flew to Chicago and back, I loaded a couple of the new tracks on my iPod so I could be entertained on the plane. I had it cranked up real load and started getting into it. When it was over I said "Farking A, man!", kinda loud, I guess. The old guy sitting next to me looks at me and says "excuse me?".

:cheers:

I got tickets for the Nassau Colisiem show on Jan. 29th.

Full report to follow.... :-D

Sorry but in my opinion metallica went downhill after they ran out of all dave mustaine's ideas :blackeye: And I'm sorry but the guitar "solo" and the drum beats toward the end there really make me cringe. Just my opinion though.
megadeth will stomp the crap out of metallica

-
Back