New Mopar restoration TV Show

-
That's going to be an awesome show I feel. I liked the part about that one guys balled head. If I loose my hair like that, I'm going to tattoo a shift pattern on the top of my head. I did email speed about wanting the show.

Looks like it "could be" a good show. I say "could be" because the head guy Mark Worman looks to be a total a$$hole. Kinda like the way Boyd Coddington (American Hot Rod) and Paul Teutul Sr. (American Chopper) come across. I can only hope they keep the drama to a minimum and really concentrate on the builds. Too bad I don't get Speed anymore.

I was checking out the bios. They state " Mark is internationally recognized as a master Mopar restoration technician." Anyone ever hear of this guy, Mark Worman, before?

Wylde1.

I am going to check it out if it airs. It looks like it could be a good show. It has all the elements to be mainly Mopars!!!!!!

Looks like it "could be" a good show. I say "could be" because the head guy Mark Worman looks to be a total a$$hole. Kinda like the way Boyd Coddington (American Hot Rod) and Paul Teutul Sr. (American Chopper) come across. I can only hope they keep the drama to a minimum and really concentrate on the builds. Too bad I don't get Speed anymore.

I was checking out the bios. They state " Mark is internationally recognized as a master Mopar restoration technician." Anyone ever hear of this guy, Mark Worman, before?

Wylde1.

agree wylde1, main guy seems like an a--hole!

Looks like a okay show unless it turns into American Hot Rod or OCC, Loose the bull sh** and show some of the work and I'll watch. And I really don't care if it has the right bolt in or not!

I'd rather create my own show in my own garage with a non correct, modified, one of a kind, bastard of a Mopar and save the concourse nut and bolt restorations for the anal, over-stressed O/E gold seekers with endless supplies of green backs that enjoy looking at the same, boring concours cars.

But that's just me, whatever floats your boat.

I will say it is a good thing that they are bringing back to life Mopars that were once left for dead. I'll give them credit for that. Someone tivo the show and send me dvd's! lol

Wylde1.

I will say it is a good thing that they are bringing back to life Mopars that were once left for dead. I'll give them credit for that. Someone tivo the show and send me dvd's! lol

Wylde1.

You have a point.

I was just being negative.....low blood sugar. LOL.

Having spent 50k+ restoring my 20k abody I know the pain and pride of saving a car that should have wound up a parts car but man mine was a driver at least , that Cuda is rough to say the least and its not even a hemi ,did I miss hear him did he say he spent 15k god I hope I didn't hear 50k on that pos

did I miss hear him did he say he spent 15k god I hope I didn't hear 50k on that pos

It's a 440 six-pack car. He did say they spent $50K for what will be a $250K car when they are done with it.

I've been checking out their videos. Some good and some just stupid.
Video 16 - Can you dig it? http://vimeo.com/6538253 notice @ 1:52 they rip the K-frame from the car. :thumbdow: :banghead: :scratch: :tool: :eek:ops: :tard: :roll: :wack: #-o :dink:

Wylde1.

I think some of you guys are missing the point here.

It's Mopars on t.v., not rice cars, or brand x cars............ only Mopars

I would rather watch some guys (even if they are tools) on t.v. fixin' Mopars then watching American Idol, or some other stupid a$$ reality show!

It wont be aired if people don't email SPEED and tell them to air it!

If you really like it contact Speed TV http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/ and tell them you want to see Graveyard Carz! on TV!

I sent my e-mail off. I agree, the guy looks like a jerk. I think we've all worked for a guy like that before. But I find it amazing that someone would put that much time and work into a "parts car" (more like a shell) and turn it back into a collector car. My question at this time is how can a car with a presumably "salvaged title" garner $500,000? In California, once it's salvaged, there's no turning back. (Looks like this guy is from Oregon, not sure you can clean the title.)

I think the concept is great. We all see cars left for dead and rotted beyond repair, and wonder- what that car experienced, what it was originally and how did it look? Wouldn't it be great if someone could save it without cutting it up and replacing every piece until it morphs into a reproduction Cuda?

I like how they followed the trail of owners and found the history of where it met its demise, and even recreated it.

But, it will probably start off cool and deteriorate into an hour of people arguing and bickering over bs. Something about what draws ratings is mindless idiots with big mouths.

That reminds me of the Dukes of Hazzard for some reason- the pilot episode was really awesome, with a real plot, some ok acting, and realistic- to a point- stunts. It rapidly turned into a cartoon of itself.

I like the concept of the show, but they've already hinted about what the show is going to be about in the trailer. The boss is an a hole who makes fun of his employees and has a short temper. Why would they put that crap in the trailer for the show their trying to sell?!?! Because that's what they think we want to see. I sent them an email saying put the show on the air, but cut out the drama and show how the work is getting done.

I also linked to their Facebook page. You can talk right to Mark Worman. I left him a message that said the same thing. We'll see what his response is. I watched some of the other videos, and he seems pretty egotistical. Take a peek. Watch the Mark of Doom videos...if you can.

Videos on Facebook

I would like to see them do a show about Troy Trepanier and his shop, Rad Rides by Troy. He builds some awesome cars and looks like a genuinely nice guy. But I guess that wouldn't sell unless he was yelling and fighting with his employees!

After watching some of the other clips its looks like its going to be a informative show. The trailer makes the guy seem like a jerk, but at least he says "we" did this too the car. I used to hate watching Boyd say "I" restored this car, when he sat in the office.

Hes got some balls and money if hes going to save that cuda and its original sheetmetal. I dont know whats wrong with aftermarket, makes no difference to me. As long as they dont fight like on american chopper or cottington, I should watch it. An in the beginging when they pulled that car from the graveyard, wasnt that a model? It wasnt even the cuda.

It's a 440 six-pack car. He did say they spent $50K for what will be a $250K car when they are done with it.

a 6bbl cuda worth $250k?? ha ha... not anymor eit isn't. just ask that alen guy with the barrel cuda. he has been tring to seel that thingf for a long time now.

Guys,
I work in TV. These reality shows make it because of one thing, PERSONALITIES! Take for example, OCC, Pawn Stars, Deadliest Catch, etc. The shows that "make it" have great or should I say, interesting personalities, not necessarily great content.
With that being said, we all love Mopars. Any show that focuses on Mopars would make us happy. That's why we should EMail Speed Channel and ask for this show. Although I can tell you right now, Speed Channel wants the producers to basically come in with built in advertisers. So hopefully Mark Worman and his gang have sponsors ready because I know from experience that Speed only takes shows that are "sold".

a 6bbl cuda worth $250k?? ha ha... not anymor eit isn't. just ask that alen guy with the barrel cuda. he has been tring to seel that thingf for a long time now.
Agree Joe. I had a "show quality" six pack Cuda back when the market was still hot. The car was very close to a perfect show car, it was automatic and I got under $100k for the car. Ain't no way a six pack is getting anywhere near $250k in this economy.

I thought a lot of the BS in the trailer was actually tongue-in-cheek, dry humor. Irritating, but still kinda funny. If the show airs I will probably watch it like I watch all of the others currently on - with the sound off and my XM radio on. There is always "rewind" if something looks worthwhile.

-
Back