New Mopar restoration TV Show

-
I thought a lot of the BS in the trailer was actually tongue-in-cheek, dry humor. Irritating, but still kinda funny. If the show airs I will probably watch it like I watch all of the others currently on - with the sound off and my XM radio on. There is always "rewind" if something looks worthwhile.

I agree witht the dry humor part. At least I hope that what it was. I think it'd be cool to see a car show do something other than bolt on air filters and cat back exhaust.

still worth buggin the network to air it even if it sucks (turn down the sound and watch the cars!)

The trailer looks really cool, and the Mopar content is very cool, BUT as others have stated, I would hope it does not become another soap opera like American Chopper with that Mark guy fighting with his workers like Paul Sr.! Concentrate on the builds the show will be a success, concentrate on the drama it will be hard to watch.

Hes got some balls and money if hes going to save that cuda and its original sheetmetal. I dont know whats wrong with aftermarket, makes no difference to me. As long as they dont fight like on american chopper or cottington, I should watch it. An in the beginging when they pulled that car from the graveyard, wasnt that a model? It wasnt even the cuda.

Go back to my post #12 and watch the video http://vimeo.com/6538253 where they burried the car then ripped the k-frame off trying to pull it out. It was the 'Cuda they pulled out/apart. At least they showed their screw ups.

Wylde1.

I am happy that they are doing a show all about Mopars! Maybe we will get some good ideas about ways of repairing cars that could be useful to us!

As far as becoming another American Hotrods I hope not that was the lamest show about cars that I have ever seen, I liked some of the cars and watching them build but I hated the ridiculous time frames that they imposed, "ok guys we have a complete frame off one of a kind build and we need it for the customer in 2 weeks."

Come on no one expects a custom car build that quick! LOL
As far as OCC goes I quite like watching it. The reason I didn't like American Hotrod is that they tried to pull off what comes naturally for the Tuttles. OCC is the closest thing I have seen to Reality TV, American Hotrod took that and tried to copy it. Doesn't work unless it is real!

I for one will send an e-mail asking to see the show!

Looks like there is going to be alot of drama but it sure beats a bunch of prancing, proud, queers on American idol.

I can't help to wonder if the "junk yard" out back will have enough spare "correct bolts" for an entire season...JK.

At least it's a show about Mopars. I don't like the OCC/ Boyd Coddington BS but as said before I can always turn off the sound.Too bad he has so many Snap-On tools. LOL Macmanmike

Hes got some balls and money if hes going to save that cuda and its original sheetmetal. I dont know whats wrong with aftermarket, makes no difference to me. As long as they dont fight like on american chopper or cottington, I should watch it. An in the beginging when they pulled that car from the graveyard, wasnt that a model? It wasnt even the cuda.

Not to mention that they will need to have the backing of a lot of big bucks sponsers if they are going to take a car like that Cuda and bring it back from the condition it is in. If the show does well and is not a drama fest then it will definatley be worth watching. It will be interesting to see if they will disclose the dollar amounts it will take to bring these cars back like they do on other automotive restoration/reality shows. In my opinion what would be good would be to focus more on the rebuild instead of the "personalities" People who are car guys and gals would be more interested in watching the build, not the personalities of the people who are participating on these shows. Hope it is worthy when/if it gets aired.

Here is Mark's reply when I asked him about the drama in the trailer for his new show.

"Brian: Thank you for your support! The trailer had to be chocked full of attention grabbing elements however, be assured my true love and passion is Mopars. I did it when nobody cared and I did it for pleasure not money. I will never forget why I love Mopars and will always make sure that the show is about the cars and not the people fixing them. "Keep 'em alive", that's my motto."

Its good to have a show about mopars. Normally its about 20 sec in an episode then they move back to chevy or ford. If anything makes this fold would be Mark. Their is going to be plenty of viewers watching. Just my 2 cents

Holy crap! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with everyone, keep the bickering to a minimum and show the builds in detail. I emailed Speed to air it, I hope it helps.

It could be a great show if it doesn`t fall into the "this car has to be done by this day", "the boss is an assh*le I`m going to quit", category of car shows. I bet we`ll never see an A-body on the show.........unless there`s an O code wrapped around a tree somewhere out there.

Agreed about it being strictly Mopar...its about freakin time! Boyd was an a$$hole, so is that Barry whatshisnuts! Theres another show out there too where they "customize" cars with 22" chrome spinners......short friggin' fat Mexican guy that does nuthin but ***** and walks like he crapped himself...cant think of it. I dont mind OCC, brother Mikey is the best, adds humor when its well needed. As far as $250k for that...good luck!! I have never heard of Mark Worman, anyone else heard of him?

Ok, now I just watched the facebook videos. Still would love to see the show, but that Mark guy is one certified a$$hole!! Bring on that goofy friggin' bunny hop, he'd get one hop in and he'd be spitting out chicklets!!!

-
Back