New owner of a 65 dart

-

65darrrt

Reaction score
Hey, Hows everyone? I just got a 1965 Dart 2 door a couple of days ago. It's a slant six stick car. I want to go with a small block and a stick. I need everyone's help that can with parts. Any help would be appreciated. Looking forward to this as I've owned a couple mopars in the past.

Welcome to FABO and good luck with the Dart. I've been into 65 Dart forthe last 31 years so let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Welcome as well. You've picked a great model and year, but guess I'm a little biased. I've owned my 65 Dart GT convertible since '84.

I got 63 and 66 Dart,and love the early darts...
Welcome to FABO.
TXDart

Welcome to FABO. Lots of early A's here. Post some photos and enjoy yourself. toolmanmike

Welcome to FABO 65Darrt!

You will enjoy this sight - Lots of great people and information

Attch some pictures of your Dart - We love pictures!

Enjoy the site!

Ma Snart

My 67 Cuda for your viewing pleasure - More pictures in my gallery

Attachments

• B3 Drag Race #1.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 185
Welcome to the site. Like mentioned, let's see some pics. I've got a 66 Valiant I'm parting which is nearly identical to the Dart, incase you need anything.

A belated welcome to FABO from another SoCal member. You're going to have fun here.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can take some. I'm thinking about a 440/4 speed. I also have a 360 waiting to make some tire smoke. What do you guys think? Big or little?

Welcome to FABO. Enjoy your 65 Dart. I enjoy mine!

Attachments

• 65 burn out.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 135
Go with the SBlock if your going to drive it around corners. Not to PO the BB guys, just more practical in an early A for the street balance wise.

Go with the SBlock if your going to drive it around corners. Not to PO the BB guys, just more practical in an early A for the street balance wise.

I originally wanted to make it a street & strip car but I like to run the canyons. I've been looking at FirmFeel and I want to try their stuff on it. Anybody have any experience with them?

You can install a sway bar to help if it does not have one. I installed the Hotchkis kit on mine. I put a thread on here on how to install one on an early A-Body

-
Back