new paint?

-

no1newb

Reaction score
ok, so i am planning on getting my 65 barracuda repainted, i just dont know if i want to keep it this color or if i should paint it gold (original) or somthing else, im the type of person who doesnt car too much about color as long as it looks nice, also i like small nothing special decals, like a stipe down the middle or on the sides like my current one is. main reason im getting it repainted is because there is rust bubbleing up from under the paint and i want to get that taken car of before it becomes a problem, and there are all kinds of chips out of the paint.

Does any one good and want to show me somthing on photoshop or just have any ideas for me. here are a couple of pics.

img00121q.jpg

img00118.jpg

img00119h.jpg

Nice ride.A friend has a 65 that is calypso green looks sharp with cragars.

yah I think gold would be far nicer, or anything really im not a big fan of the pink to be honest

I like the pink, it's different. But if you are going to repaint it, I would go with the original gold, it looks great with the black interior. Black stripe would look great too, in my opinion.

Not for sure on which blue it is, i think b5 but ive seen the 65s in that color....LOOK AWESOME!!!!! oh and with the black stripes too

Plum Crazy!!!! someone else on Fabo has the older cuda's with a set of 17"s and it looks awesome imho

ok, so i am planning on getting my 65 barracuda repainted, i just dont know if i want to keep it this color or if i should paint it gold (original) or somthing else,

img00121q.jpg

Hi there,

After seeing your little avatar pic, I wondered if you'd ever posted any larger pictures of your car, so searched and discovered this thread. (Maybe that gives you an indication of how much I enjoy the current color.)

Only because you're thinking of painting it at all, personally I would subdue the hue slightly. Sheet metal of that shape doesn't need loud paint-- it speaks for itself.

But part of my opinion is due to the "Mauve Metallic" that was offered for only two years (1966-67) that was extremely rare, that I have totally fallen in love with... these pictures don't quite do it justice, but you get the idea.

- Erik

65dc_12.jpg

IMG_1799.jpg

-
Back