New Pedal Pads

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I got some new clutch and brake pedal pads for Vixen. Real nice lookin reproductions. But their fit is just a little loose. Not bad, I'm sure they won't come off, but I was wondering if I hit um with the heat gun if they might shrink a little? Any of yall tried it?

what about some adhesive?

That'll be what I do if the heat gun doesn't work. They're really ok.....I just want um a tad tighter. With my luck, I'll make um drool into a puddle in the floor. lol

Throw them in the freezer and then install them. If they are thermoset rubber, heat won’t do anything to it, except burn it up eventually.

I got some new clutch and brake pedal pads for Vixen. Real nice lookin reproductions. But their fit is just a little loose. Not bad, I'm sure they won't come off, but I was wondering if I hit um with the heat gun if they might shrink a little? Any of yall tried it?

Hey Rob,
Are they different from right to left? is the clutch pad different from the brake pad? I noticed the clutch pad mounting plate is offset to the left and the brake pad is offset to the right. Also may be different from top and bottom of pads. Try switching them.

As stated above, elastomer will expand with heat and retract with cold temp. A bit of adhesive would be your best bet. 65'

Heavy duty double sided tape. This is what they use for sticking emblems on new cars.

799DE49A-2139-4452-BD40-0C0E73D1DD1D.jpeg

Hey Rob,
Are they different from right to left? is the clutch pad different from the brake pad? I noticed the clutch pad mounting plate is offset to the left and the brake pad is offset to the right. Also may be different from top and bottom of pads. Try switching them.

No sir. Both the same size and part number. Even the Chrysler originals I took off are the same number.

Thanks yall. I'm gonna drive it and see if I can feel them movin around. If not, I'm gonna leave um be.

You could cut a piece of tin and shape it to the pedal, maybe even wrap it around the metal of the pedal then put the cover back on.

My dislike for tape or adhesive is that if it gets hot enough it could act like a lubericant and cause the pads to slip more.

I've driven Vixen some with the new pads and so far, they are staying put just fine.

-
Back