new QA1 K Frame

-
^^is that guy Rick E from mopar action?

Seems like Rick covered a lot of this stuff a few issues back. Talking about the RMS setup.

A favorable comparison, in my opinion. I must admit, I agree with Ehrenberg on most accounts.

9mo and counting :) Rain, snow, shine, drive EVERY day. Seems like they've passed the stress test to me. Oh, my RMS uppers have those rod/heim style ends on em and they seems to handle the road forces just fine.

Now, I'm no engineer but so far his parts have held up more so than your BS words. IMO :burnout:

Then keep rocking. How many miles?

no matter what anyone builds this guy is gonna have something negative to say about it. like i said its easy to sit up on your ivory tower and look down on things. its people like this guy that ruin these forum boards. just someone trying to fill a need. if you don't like it then don't buy it and don't talk **** about it until you have built something better.

holy **** this thread had turned into quite the pissing match.

correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't dragsters use links with heim joint in the 4 link system? they seem to handle the torque really good, no?

I just wish they used a spool mount. I'm sure it's a good product, everyone trying to armchair engineer stfu already!

I was browsing Mancini's website and found this so I called them. They are saying that Qa1 has an option for Rack & Pinion steering now. On Qa1's website it says nothing about this. I like the idea of this K frame because you can use torsion bars.

Attachments

• chucker54_2269_80905985.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 872
There was a R&P option went the "other guy" was building them....I believe the front spindles had to be re-welded to allow for the front steer ....move the tie rods to in front of the spindles..

There was a R&P option went the "other guy" was building them....I believe the front spindles had to be re-welded to allow for the front steer ....move the tie rods to in front of the spindles..

Looks like in the picture they are using a whole different Spindle?
Possibly Mustang stuff? The guy at Mancini had absolutely NO information on the set up accept that the K Frame comes from Qa1 this way ready for front steer.

It seems to me one of these could be put together for a whole lot less than $3500.00 if we can find out the parts used.

View attachment Screen Shot 2013-11-26 at 11.10.23 AM.jpg

The other guy cut and welded a piece on the spindle to provide for the front steer...that is all i know..lol

Ok so I called Qa1, they DO NOT make a front steer K Member. So I called back Mancini and the guy tells me they modify it for a Pinto Rack and use different lower ball joints to obtain front steer. He did not have any information on what parts were used for the front steer ball joints. If I find out or if someone knows which lower ball joints to use, please post it up.

Ok so I called Qa1, they DO NOT make a front steer K Member. So I called back Mancini and the guy tells me they modify it for a Pinto Rack and use different lower ball joints to obtain front steer. He did not have any information on what parts were used for the front steer ball joints. If I find out or if someone knows which lower ball joints to use, please post it up.

I hate it went you call people....now we can not have endless meanless post.....

I am pretty sure that you can swap the ball joints L to R to obtain front steer with this rack. as far as the tie rod ends being in a straight line… Forgetaboutit! This is why I believe guys weld on them to bring them out further. I will keep researching to see if I can find out which ball joints they are using.

111112950005.jpg

i have a dillinger kit.. it would be cool to find a tubular k member and rack to work with it all.. thought about selling it and my drop spindles to just get a rms or hdk but who knows

i have a dillinger kit.. it would be cool to find a tubular k member and rack to work with it all.. thought about selling it and my drop spindles to just get a rms or hdk but who knows

umm you can use a QA1 K-member with the Dillinger kit. The QA1 K is made to utilize either stock arms or their tubular ones. Since the Dillinger kit uses the stock A-arm location, as does the QA1 K, you can bolt them together.

-
Back