new race/street duster

-

psycomopar

Reaction score
Just bought a new car. Should be a fun ride. Have to figure a couple things out but over all very nice car. 71 340 duster. Came fender tag and build sheet. Dana with caltrac s with mono springs and Rancho shocks. Has a 605 with b1 heads. Turbo 400 trans with brake etc. dynoed at 962 hp and 837 ft lbs was built for nitrous so I'm sure I'll have to find a kit and install it. beautiful factory full interior with cage.

[/URL[URL=http://s351.photobucket.com/user/psycomopar/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0363.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s351.photobucket.com/user/psycomopar/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0048.jpg.html][/URL[URL=http://s351.photobucket.com/user/psycomopar/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0049_1.jpg.html]

It's a world block 4.5 bore 4.75 stroke. B1 orginal heads with a little porting t&d rockers right around 12-1 compression. Cam was out of my old 512. So it could use a better came. Think it was like 813 lift and 314 duration with a 114 center. The headers are only 2 inch fenderwells. Really have to find a bigger set but have not had much luck. That's what was with the car.also reverse cooling water pump.

Beautiful car! :thumbrig:

I think you're very close to overpowering what looks like a "mini tub", much less adding a kit? I know some guys do, and love, running big numbers with small tire cars, but it's just not me. I'm more of a full tub, 14" tire guy when it comes to the capability of 8's/9's. Then again, i'm getting up there in age and sawing the wheel on every pass no longer sounds appealing...:)

Beautiful ride! I'm jealous... You do have a NHRA license, for this beastie? You will ,need it. Cage /belt certs as well. Damn , that's sweet.

LMAO..........How is a build sheet still relevant for that?

Nice.................

Was this car out of Kentucky at one time? Had a 426" W8 motor with a sheet metal intake and twin 1250's. Made over 900 then. Looks familiar, that combo once skated the track on motor to a 5.50

im surprised them hooker fenderwells fit, you deff. need a 2 1/4 or 2 3/8in with 4in coll. I got lucky with my find of used B1 headers for an a body maybe you can find a set as well. Nice car and combo.

The build sheet matters cause iT is a legit 340 car and it isn't hacked up. Hasn't been mini tubbed etc. Just a cage put in and cut for the headers. Which I saved those pieces to weld back in once I find some headers. . I am not going to cut it up. I want to keep as stock as possible. Weight won't matter to much. I really am not chasing a number. I had a tube chassis duster that I ran in different classes. And unless you have big pockets it's hard to compete. So I put this together to have fun. Street drive and run some real street classes at my local track and poss. put a kit on real street unlimited. See just how fast you can go in a car like this. The headers do have to be replaced. Just have not found some that fit or could modify to fit.so if anyone knows where there is a set let me know. And thanks all for the compliments

The build sheet matters cause iT is a legit 340 car and it isn't hacked up. Hasn't been mini tubbed etc. Just a cage put in and cut for the headers. Which I saved those pieces to weld back in once I find some headers. . I am not going to cut it up. I want to keep as stock as possible. Weight won't matter to much. I really am not chasing a number. I had a tube chassis duster that I ran in different classes. And unless you have big pockets it's hard to compete. So I put this together to have fun. Street drive and run some real street classes at my local track and poss. put a kit on real street unlimited. See just how fast you can go in a car like this. The headers do have to be replaced. Just have not found some that fit or could modify to fit.so if anyone knows where there is a set let me know. And thanks all for the compliments

First off love the car! Was wondering What size rear tire are you running and what's the rim width. Thanks Crook

just keep the engine as is dont need nitros you already have almost 1000hp

just start racing at the track get good with reaction times / consistency / start making money

if you put nitrous on blow it up or mess with cam shafts without clearancing everything properly and drop a valve what then?

i know i probably sound like an old coot nevermind what i say

I can't access that site from this computer so I'll just take others' words for it for now...lol.
Not sure what your $$ situation is but if you really want to keep it original and still make steam, you might consider custom under chassis big tubes. You're definately giving some up there but at least then you can have headers that help you in power and "original".

-
Back