New racecar nearing completion

-
First run today with the engine in the car. It moved under its own power for the first time in more than 20 years. It sounds amazing, thanks for letting me be a part of it Charles!

IMG_20170423_115245.jpg

IMG_20170423_115851.jpg

IMG_20170423_133321.jpg

So the car has a couple of events under its belt now. It is running consistent 6.6s at our local 1/8 mile (thunder mountain raceway, 4100 feet above sea level). Charles is working out the bugs and figuring how to tune alcohol injection. At the last event he lost in the super pro final..... pretty dam good! We are planning to be at the Langley Loafers old time drage at Mission in a few weeks. Cant wait to see how it performs in the 1/4 at sea level!

FB_IMG_1499922433928.jpg

So the car has a couple of events under its belt now. It is running consistent 6.6s at our local 1/8 mile (thunder mountain raceway, 4100 feet above sea level). Charles is working out the bugs and figuring how to tune alcohol injection. At the last event he lost in the super pro final..... pretty dam good! We are planning to be at the Langley Loafers old time drage at Mission in a few weeks. Cant wait to see how it performs in the 1/4 at sea level!

View attachment 1715069400
Thanks for the update !

My brother is being impacted by a forest fire tonight in lake country bc. He and his family, the dog and a few posessions got out. Our buddy with a deck truck managed to move out the two dart race cars and restored valiant ragtop.

He will very likely loose his home and shop tonight.... and 64 Fury, 70 340 dart and ramcharger.

Hope he is spared....

IMG_20170.jpg

Best of luck with that fire, I'll say a extra prayer for you guys.

Sorry to read Dave. You guys are battling LOTS of fires out there.
Prayers and thoughts coming your way.

-
Back