New scat pack swinger

-
They don't resemble the swinger at all. If they are going to bring back the name they should bring back the body style as well.
Might as well save your breath. The Challenger was a nice rendition of the original but here was a Japanese Challenger in between that looked more like an Arrow. The last model of Dart didn't look anything like the early 60's, mid 60's or 70's Darts, and they all looked different.

Are you seeing a pattern here yet? Catching on?

It’s all about the copyright. There’s a time limit on copyrights, and keeping them up costs money.

It’s got nothing to do with the body style and everything to do with keeping the “swinger” name under copyright. Otherwise other car companies could use it- ie, the Renault Duster

BE318544-C398-479E-ACE0-6A36F0C18C7F.jpeg

The 1970 swinger came in lots of high impact colors not sure why they chose the mid seventies grandmas triple green color scheme.

The 1970 swinger came in lots of high impact colors not sure why they chose the mid seventies grandmas triple green color scheme.

Because those colors have been kinda played out in the retro game.

Honestly, I'm just glad they don't offer it in white with a green top and interior to match my '72, or I'd feel obligated to get one.

Because those colors have been kinda played out in the retro game.

Honestly, I'm just glad they don't offer it in white with a green top and interior to match my '72, or I'd feel obligated to get one.

Seriously.

Kind of a Bullitt Mustang vibe to them. I mean, I’m not gonna buy one. But the high impact colors have been done to death, if I never see a plum crazy anything ever again it will be too soon. Same for all the murdered out black stuff. I still like it and eventually my Duster will be black and likely my Challenger too, but it’s definitely been done and done some more.

The ‘70’s green on green is at least a little something different.

These 7 special edition 2023 cars, up till now, have been a bad joke, including this "Swinger edition". This is 1970/1980's decal marketing at its best. A bunch of decals and colors added to the same old car, and abracadabra you have a new model. Worst part is that these things, up until now, have all been Scat Pack cars, with some decals, and some new interior materials or colors. From what I have heard MSRP will be at Hellcat car pricing, and they will only make 500 to 1000 of each and you will not be able to order them how you want them. Only dealers will be able to order them. Wait till the "dealer market adjustment price" kicks in and all these cars are $90,000 plus... Dodge is again shooting themselves in the foot...

It’s all about the copyright. There’s a time limit on copyrights, and keeping them up costs money.

It’s got nothing to do with the body style and everything to do with keeping the “swinger” name under copyright. Otherwise other car companies could use it- ie, the Renault Duster

View attachment 1715982725
Chrysler owns those names from what I've read

Well, I guess i'm the minority here...
I love the cars and especially the colors, but I always have been a fan of dark green cars.
I wish I could afford to buy one...

I'm afraid Dodge has out played it's hand with this current generation of cars. There's only so much a manufacturer can do with a car.

-
Back