New Small Block Headers

-
so the holes could actually be quite a bit smaller?

Yes, the width probably couldn't change much but the length could. As you can see I missed some on the passenger's side, the bend starts sooner than I thought it would. I wanted to make sure there was enough room for the engine to move.

Yes, the width probably couldn't change much but the length could. As you can see I missed some on the passenger's side, the bend starts sooner than I thought it would. I wanted to make sure there was enough room for the engine to move.

North and South could tighten up..East and West about how you have it?

Anybody have a picture of how big the hole is for the Headman 75140 in an A body. Think just a single tube goes outside on these?
Have you looked at these guys?, page 12-13
Catalog — Tubular Automotive
Very nice race header and no hole but you do have to use adapter plates (they have those as well)which makes it nice for getting at the header bolts. I was going to go with the hedmans but was a little worried about how far the tube hangs into the wheel well since I run a fairly tall tire. I got lucky and ratbastid found me some hooker 5303s and I will say they made a significant difference over the dougs, not even the same car really, took a totally different tune up. I wasn't sure how much gain there would be since I don't have much cam etc. but he made a believer out of me lol!.

Ok ladies and gentlemen My 72 duster is the car they designed the headers around. There built for 318 340 or 360 with STOCK cylinder heads and No power steering.. the car has a stock 4spd with a scatter shield so there is plenty of room for automatics. My 340 has 11.1 comp. fully ported j heads big hydrolic flat tappet cam strip dominator and a reworked 750 Holley. I had old 1 7/8 hooker race headers on it for A and E bodies that they discontinued along time ago. I will say this, these headers blow away all those other headers and I had them all! You can install and remove them with the engine in the car! That alone is worth it to me. They changed the whole tone of the engine the car has a lot more low end torque and it pulls harder going through the gears the merge collectors actually work I will post some pics within a few weeks when I have time off underneath the car from both sides.

Have you looked at these guys?, page 12-13
Catalog — Tubular Automotive
Very nice race header and no hole but you do have to use adapter plates (they have those as well)which makes it nice for getting at the header bolts. I was going to go with the hedmans but was a little worried about how far the tube hangs into the wheel well since I run a fairly tall tire. I got lucky and ratbastid found me some hooker 5303s and I will say they made a significant difference over the dougs, not even the same car really, took a totally different tune up. I wasn't sure how much gain there would be since I don't have much cam etc. but he made a believer out of me lol!.

I almost bought a used set just a little while back from a guy on Moparts .They appear to hang too low to get on and off my trailer, but I might be wrong. Saw a picture of them from underneath behind a car looked like the collectors pointed down. I do like them

North and South could tighten up..East and West about how you have it?

Yes, the tubes are 1 7/8" and I think I used a 2 1/4" hole saw, maybe a 2 1/2". I'd have to check, it's been several years.

you didn't answer the question. you disagreed with my post saying no power steering and they look to hang low like any of the cheap junk headers. you pretty much reinforced what i typed and you disagreed with.
That's the problem around here, people can disagree without comment. :rolleyes:
They can disagree because of a warranted technical issue, or they can disagree because they simply have some sort of lame personal issue..:realcrazy:
It's a bit of a joke.
Pitty the software doesn't support a mandatory comment if you use the disagree button.

I almost bought a used set just a little while back from a guy on Moparts .They appear to hang too low to get on and off my trailer, but I might be wrong. Saw a picture of them from underneath behind a car looked like the collectors pointed down. I do like them
I think I remember a thread that mentioned that now?, lately I can't remember what day it is!.

and again. you just agreed with what i said. but you disagreed with it. lol. jackass.

do they or do they not fit with power steering??

are they designed to go under everything like the cheap headers on the market? yes/no ?

You see, it’s pukes like you that can’t think that cause me to not post here.

Ok moron, I’ll say it again. I disagree with everything you said because you are talking out of your ***.

The headers that fit with power steering are much closer to an exhaust manifold than a quality header. The AMR header IS a quality header. They are not even close.

Big tube headers don’t hang low. That’s an idiotic, retarded and moronic statement. There is LESS aground clearance because the tubes are bigger.

So my red X stands. Kiss my ***.

Uh, on an A-body the super comps DO go below the steering link, and have a removable slip tube. On B/E bodies they stay above the steering link.
This is Hooker Super Comps and there is no skip tube and I have power steering.
I am changing the motor and may give up power over use being practical . So thinking I need ground clearance and may go Doug's and go smaller tube. As my wife will kill the Hookers.
Only want to run pipes once not once for Hookers and then change them for Doug's.
Like stated above compromise

Sig1.jpg

Ok ladies and gentlemen My 72 duster is the car they designed the headers around. There built for 318 340 or 360 with STOCK cylinder heads and No power steering.. the car has a stock 4spd with a scatter shield so there is plenty of room for automatics. My 340 has 11.1 comp. fully ported j heads big hydrolic flat tappet cam strip dominator and a reworked 750 Holley. I had old 1 7/8 hooker race headers on it for A and E bodies that they discontinued along time ago. I will say this, these headers blow away all those other headers and I had them all! You can install and remove them with the engine in the car! That alone is worth it to me. They changed the whole tone of the engine the car has a lot more low end torque and it pulls harder going through the gears the merge collectors actually work I will post some pics within a few weeks when I have time off underneath the car from both sides.

Some of you should learn something from this post. He is telling you what I’ve been saying for decades.

This is Hooker Super Comps and there is no skip tube and I have power steering.
I am changing the motor and may give up power over use being practical . So thinking I need ground clearance and may go Doug's and go smaller tube. As my wife will kill the Hookers.
Only want to run pipes once not once for Hookers and then Change them for Doug's

View attachment 1715957738

Just for the record, the “super comp” Hooker headers were STREET headers. Period. That’s what you have.

The competition headers were called that. Competition. If you want I can post picture of the catalog that shows that.

Seems everyone thinks the super comp headers were something other than a street header. That’s all they are, and some of the part numbers are just junk.

Just for the record, the “super comp” Hooker headers were STREET headers. Period. That’s what you have.

The competition headers were called that. Competition. If you want I can post picture of the catalog that shows that.

Seems everyone thinks the super comp headers were something other than a street header. That’s all they are, and some of the part numbers are just junk.
I have had those Super Comps 25 plus years. Ther are Super Comps with large tube and are not Comp.
You must be loads of fun at parties.
They are what they are. I was not even directly talking to you since you are rude and set in your ways. I was posting to state there is no Slip Tube.
As it was not correct to say they have a slip tube. Carry on.

Unless your building you're own header, for your own application, then you're buying an off the shelf deal with whatever built in compromises it has.

I have had those Super Comps 25 plus years. Ther are Super Comps with large tube and are not Comp.
They are what they are. I was not even directly talking to you since you are rude and set in your ways. I was posting to state there is no Slip Tube.
Hooker made two different sized super comp headers, 5204 with 1 3/4 tubes and 5303 which was the "race header" with 1 7/8 tubes. The 5204 is a fully welded together header, where as the 5303 has slip fit collectors/tubes and once you cut the flanges can be installed in three pieces in the car.

What’s the part number. If it doesn’t have slip on collectors it’s a STREET HEADER no matter how long you have owned them.

It could be (and it’s likely that I’m smarter than you) that you are posting misinformation.

-
Back