New Small Block Headers

-
Almost all of the shelf street headers fit with power steering. The low hanging junk, dougs and tti all fit A body cars with PS IIRC.

If the headers look like this... They fit PS cars.

s-l640.jpg

The larger hooker 5204's and headman husslers, do not. Those are usually not cheap either when for sale.

Almost all of the shelf street headers fit with power steering. The low hanging junk, dougs and tti all fit A body cars with PS IIRC.

View attachment 1716023280

The larger hooker 5204's and headman husslers, do not. Those are usually not cheap either when for sale.
Ok very cool. This is what mine look like.
They are slightly different than what you posted.

image.jpg

image.jpg

for the record, I bought the ARH step headers . 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 for my Dart.
should have them literally any day.
lots of money for sure.

View attachment 1716023280

My Dart had power steering when I bought it, also had TTI headers. I used both on the 340.

I ran ARH (former employees of Kooks) on a Mustang years ago. Easily the best longtubes I've run. Expensive yes but worth it.

for the record, I bought the ARH step headers . 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 for my Dart.
should have them literally any day.
lots of money for sure.
My buddy Mark has the first ever built. They used his car as the build car. I have the headers he replaced them with. They do need some repair though as some knuckle head cut the two drivers center pipes off. Why I don’t know. I traded an intake for the headers.

Below are the headers in development for his Duster at American Racing Headers. The same garage shop that Kooks used to be in until the owner moved south.

I of course did enquire how they were next to the old headers and he was most happy with “Power everywhere!”
Your going to like them a lot I think.
These are excellent headers.

9F030445-16FC-4602-BE55-F49EF8834EC1.jpeg

5B8ED7CA-9BAA-40C8-91BF-2D905A574677.jpeg

681CA14A-C15C-47F1-8FA4-823CFD61EE13.jpeg

6D06EF30-C5CE-403C-B194-97C35151C9E3.jpeg

These are the headers I traded the intake for after my buddy got his ARH headers. They almost threw them out (ARH) when my friend went to get them. LOL, I was freaking out. I was like, “Get them mold headers back! I want them!” LMAO!

So happy he was able to retrieve them.

057BFFD0-ECF2-486C-A2AD-CCC11BB9FD6F.jpeg

969E29E4-8B2B-4212-952B-1C9F822EF4CC.jpeg

Not surprised. L.I.-N.Y. Is just an expensive place and doing biz there is a huge PIA. I just don’t get their housing “New Tax Assessment” deal. How does one pay 10-13+K in taxes a year and live. I was lucky (BS! s art enough!) to own a old house where my taxes were a lot cheaper.

Freakin schools are half the tax bill and when you don’t pass the budget raise they hammer the kids and parents by cutting everything out which includes books. How the freak can you teach kids with NO books?

I also looked into retiring in North eastern Ga., Tenn., NC and SC. Ended up in Fl since the daughter is here.

These are the headers I traded the intake for after my buddy got his ARH headers. They almost threw them out (ARH) when my friend went to get them. LOL, I was freaking out. I was like, “Get them mold headers back! I want them!” LMAO!

So happy he was able to retrieve them.

View attachment 1716023593

View attachment 1716023594
Hey rob what’s up. So the headers I traded the intake for are the hooker 5303 1 7/8 slip tubes for A and E body small blocks. The #7 tube hit the steering column and the frame by the proportion valve so that’s why it’s flattened like that. Every tube leaked where it entered the collector on the drivers side. I got them for 50.00 they were old but in good shape. They served there purpose. I didn’t know how bad those headers were till I had the new ones made! I met nick from ARH at a car show and that’s how the whole deal started. They didn’t have headers for Abody small blocks so we made a deal. And you can ***** about the price all you want and I told nick that would happen. If your buying these you don’t have power steering!

hoping they make a good bit more power on my motor than what the 1 5/8 Dougs coming off did.
I considered just buying the 1 7/8 TTI’s, but I thought these should Make more power, and fit even better( not even considering they are stainless to boot)
I talked to Nick for a good bit about my combo.
the estimate he threw out there was identical to the thoughts I had.
time will tell. Unfortunately, making couple other small tweeks, so gonna be an educated guess as to exactly what the headers did.

Hey rob what’s up. So the headers I traded the intake for are the hooker 5303 1 7/8 slip tubes for A and E body small blocks. The #7 tube hit the steering column and the frame by the proportion valve so that’s why it’s flattened like that. Every tube leaked where it entered the collector on the drivers side. I got them for 50.00 they were old but in good shape. They served there purpose. I didn’t know how bad those headers were till I had the new ones made! I met nick from ARH at a car show and that’s how the whole deal started. They didn’t have headers for Abody small blocks so we made a deal. And you can ***** about the price all you want and I told nick that would happen. If your buying these you don’t have power steering!
Hey Mark! (Holy chit! Look what the cat dragged in!)
Funny how ya pop up just now. Great timing!
Give my best to Daryl.
Tell him (Reverand Hot Rod Rob says hello!)

This is ”The Guy!” I was talking about. Those are his headers above being made.

Your making me cringe with that statement!

I didn’t know how bad those headers were till I had the new ones made!
But since I didn’t have anything for the project at hand, I figured it was a good trade.

hoping they make a good bit more power on my motor than what the 1 5/8 Dougs coming off did.
I considered just buying the 1 7/8 TTI’s, but I thought these should Make more power, and fit even better( not even considering they are stainless to boot)
time will tell. Unfortunately, making couple other small tweeks, so gonna be an educated guess as to exactly what the headers did.
Oh, oh, ohhhhhh, your gonna be happy, this I’m sure of.
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Nick.

Don, are you having them coated?

I’m sure they’ll be and improvement not to mention there a little lighter and engine temps should be lower. Mine are stepped way more room in the engine compartment and changing plugs are a breeze! They also have the bungs installed for 02 sensors

Hey Mark! (Holy chit! Look what the cat dragged in!)
Funny how ya pop up just now. Great timing!
Give my best to Daryl.
Tell him (Reverand Hot Rod Rob says hello!)

This is ”The Guy!” I was talking about. Those are his headers above being made.

Your making me cringe with that statement!

But since I didn’t have anything for the project at hand, I figured it was a good trade.

Oh, oh, ohhhhhh, your gonna be happy, this I’m sure of.
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Nick.
They’ll be perfect for what you want to do. Those are discontinued. Headers have come a long way that’s all I’m saying lol.

What the heck is power steering. Never heard of her.

Power steering is when I try to take that exit to Summits store in Arlington, and the wife waits till I am about to turn into the parking lot and she says I’ll wait in the car until you are done, the we can go to the furniture store and look at a new sofa.

Me, just drives right past summit directly to rooms to go..

Well… I pulled my heads off today because I want them machined, and to give more space to get my headers in, and turns out this 360 has aluminum pistons and it’s got 030 stamped into them. Very excited.

For easier header installation simply switch to an Alterkation suspension!
Lol.......

Jeff

I almost bought a used set just a little while back from a guy on Moparts .They appear to hang too low to get on and off my trailer, but I might be wrong. Saw a picture of them from underneath behind a car looked like the collectors pointed down. I do like them
The tubular automotive headers do hang low. When I bought my Dart it came with a set of TA headers and I promptly damaged them unloading the car from the trailer I had at the time. Replaced them with Hedman Husler race headers, but now have TTIs because the W2 adapter plates required by the Hedman's were a pain in the backside.

These ARH headers do look great, and the price does make you take a deep breath! However, since I'm running W2 heads on my engine it appears I can't use these, unless there's an adapter plate that will work with them.

-
Back