new smallblock victor heads or big mouth eddies

-

Reaction score
I have a fresh built 416 with ported eddies, I was considering stepping up to big mouths but noticed the new victor heads that supposedly outflow the big mouths by A considerable amount.
Anyone here have any expierience with the victors?

This leads me to another question. I'm running fast ez efi that requires 8" of vacuum. My current setup runs around 8.5". I assume I can maintain this vacuum with any head as long the proper cam is chose as well ?

one thing to check out on the Victor head is the valve angle was changed.....might need to change pistons with those heads...also the big mouth require new offset rockers...hughes sells them also

I have a fresh built 416 with ported eddies, I was considering stepping up to big mouths but noticed the new victor heads that supposedly outflow the big mouths by A considerable amount.
Anyone here have any expierience with the victors?

This leads me to another question. I'm running fast ez efi that requires 8" of vacuum. My current setup runs around 8.5". I assume I can maintain this vacuum with any head as long the proper cam is chose as well ?

Neither. Get a real cylinder head like W9's from Brett Miller if your going to get serious and the Big Mouth is not serious. J.Rob

Neither. Get a real cylinder head like W9's from Brett Miller if your going to get serious and the Big Mouth is not serious. J.Rob

LOL, a lot depends on what your doing with what you got and the flow rates of the BM heads are good enough to make 600hp. I'd say that is good for a street machine. Not to shabby for a race ride. Run the car light enough and it should move some groceries.

There is a fella running in the 9's in a Duster with Edelbrock heads. Is that not good enough? Or serious enough?

Also Brett Miller has over 380+ cfm on the Edelbrock Victor head as flowed on a 4.125 bore. Is this not good enough for you ether? Really?!?!?!

And while you have mentioned the W head, why a 9? And not the 7 or 8?
If your stepping up well the. Step up and stop, stopping short.

Muha ha ha ha ha ha

Last edited:
What block are you using ? The new Victors need custom pistons , headers and valve train but your not going to contain 800hp with a stock block .

What block are you using ? The new Victors need custom pistons , headers and valve train but your not going to contain 800hp with a stock block .

I have a stock block, not shooting for 800hp, but 650 without a huge cam would be nice. If a piston change is required then that answers that, big mouth it is.

If you buy Hughes CNC ported bigmouths on Sept 6th they should be $364.50 cheaper. Not sure how long the deal lasts.
Hughes Engines

Keep your eyes open for CNC sale prices.

I for one will be real interested in how your stock block fares at that hp level , time was the naysayers said 450 was the limit , then 500 and now most say 600 for a sonic checked well machined block , please keep us informed .My 520 hp stroker in spite of all the valve train parts I am replacing after 25k miles still has a decent cross hatch on all the cylinder walls and no real signs of extra wear on the thrust side .

I have a stock block, not shooting for 800hp, but 650 without a huge cam would be nice. If a piston change is required then that answers that, big mouth it is.

You may be looking at boost then.

I finally hurt my 1st 360 block (408). It was on its 3rd rebuild and ready for its 4th when it finally let go and it was an Edelbrock headed engine that ran 9.73 in my 2800 pound Duster. My Son had borrowed it for his Duster when it let go and isn't home yet so I can check it out. Fingers crossed that it didn't hurt the heads as I had lots of porting hours into them.

-
Back