new to a bodies

-

GrizandLinna

Reaction score
I just bought a triple green 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger. It is on the way here now from a person that's had it for 48 years in California. It needs work and I want to try to get it back to stock appearance as close as possible. I'm going to have a lot of questions of mostly of the interior and hard to find parts. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Welcome to FABO. A-bodies rock!! Well, they are easier to get rockin' with some extra horsepower, lol.

Jump on in and enjoy the company.

722968D5-3533-4718-9D2A-835F2BBC19CD.jpeg

We definitely gotta see some pics of your new ride. Welcome to FABO from NY!

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. It's supposed to be here Friday or Saturday but we'll see what happens because of the weather here in the midwest. I'll get pictures asap. I want to get under it and see if it's a true #s matching like he said.

Welcome from WV

This is THE place to research and get inputs from the MOPAR Hive-mind.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you get her home.

Hope all went well with the delivery, I would think the delivery men/women's stopped and let this weather system go by. Looking forward to seeing it, and let me welcome you to this great place I call home

Welcome!!! Yea gotta have pics when you can!!!
Question??? Beware. We have a few members that charge $5-10 per question, it is how they finance parts for their rides!! :thumbsup:

It idles pretty good but cuts out on revving it. He has sent all the old parts with it.The original starter, alternator, carburetor, intake, master cylinder, distributor, plus a few extra odds and ends. It has been repainted once 10 or 12 years ago and that's when he removed the vinyl top. As you can see it needs some help, but it has pretty good bones. It was on the upper level of the delivery truck when it arrived, so I had a look then and its fairly impressive on the lack of rust. The factory splash boxes near the a-arms are still on it. There's no rust through anywhere underneath. The engine id is FW340P31140027 so I'm pretty sure that it might be numbers matching. I'm going to try to get to the vin stamp before we leave for 3 months.

It idles pretty good but cuts out on revving it. He has sent all the old parts with it.The original starter, alternator, carburetor, intake, master cylinder, distributor, plus a few extra odds and ends. It has been repainted once 10 or 12 years ago and that's when he removed the vinyl top. As you can see it needs some help, but it has pretty good bones. It was on the upper level of the delivery truck when it arrived, so I had a look then and its fairly impressive on the lack of rust. The factory splash boxes near the a-arms are still on it. There's no rust through anywhere underneath. The engine id is FW340P31140027 so I'm pretty sure that it might be numbers matching. I'm going to try to get to the vin stamp before we leave for 3 months.
Looks like you've been holding out on us. You didn't tell us It was so nice! Lol. Welcome from Minnesota. This is the best place to find all the help and information you'll ever need to make your project perfect if that's what your goal is.

Welcome to fabo, way better triple green than I have

Excellent car! Fantastic condition.

No messed with much as well taken care of.

Was not sold new in CA (no N95 tag code). Not a bad thing. It won’t have the 70 California and 71-up emissions stuff to worry about restoring. Like, no vapor return line, no 3-nipple breather, no special 4 nipple gas tank, no gas tank vent in passenger quarter, no special gas cap.

License plate number is mid 1970s. My guess is 1975-1977.

-
Back