New true-trac differential whine

-
I'm going to take the car back to the shop in a couple of weeks and have them pull the gears out and take a look at everything. I'm not going to just let this go. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Much appreciated!

Dr Diff does not sell them anymore, he sells a different one now. I asked what the issue was since I have one of the original ones and was concerned that mine would have the problem. So the answer was that some of them had poor machining tolerances. If yours is bad it would be obvious right from the start. Luckily I have had no issues with mine. I just bought the new one he sells and man its a nice looking piece.
"Due to inconsistent quality issues, I no longer carry the 8.75" True Trac. Please consider the 6 helical gear Sure-Trac"
It may not be your problem but its something worth checking out. The symptom is whining.

I should add one tip that always gets rid of gear whine. Simply remove the mufflers and run open pipe. Done, no more whine noise.

At least I am not one of the ones telling you to stop whining or get rid of your mufflers.

Who is the ASSHOLE again?

Ever heard of a joke? Why are you getting me involved in your childish arguments?
"Who is the ASSHOLE again?" Still you.

Ever heard of a joke? Why are you getting me involved in your childish arguments?
"Who is the ASSHOLE again?" Still you.
Thanks Mike. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

-
Back