New Varmit Rifle?

-
Quote: They claim they can shoot a 3 shot group at 600 yds and get em in a 3" circle. Time will tell.

That I'd have to see to believe, the only way they would come close to that, 22-250 at 600 yds, is to be reloading their own, have a perfectly calm day, a barrel tripod and horseshoes up their ***.

How about one of these old girls...... .303 British Lee-Enfield.....original V sights....and thats a target the size of a human head.....300m.
No...i'm not shooting in/at the trees....just pulled the trigger.

Attachments

• IMGP0070_resize.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMGP0064_resize.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 118
Here's the scoop. I took the 4x12 Redfield and bolted it on the Savage 22.250 with accutrigger and things are lookin up. I built a two sided bench and bought me a sled to fasten the gun in. No human error. The gun came with some orange dots for targets. I used the two inch versions and at 200 yds i fired two shots from the bench and sled. Both shots were dead center of the dot and both could be covered with a dime. I'm using factory ammo. Winchester, 22-250 Rem., 45 gr JHP, Varmit high velocity 4000 fps. Bought em at Wally World. I really think this thing will do everything i want it to do. Imagine this thing with hand loads. No complaints here. In seeing what i've stated, i do believe the gun is capable of shooting a 3" group at 600 yds with everything on. No room for human error but i believe the gun has what it takes.
Small Block

Lets see if i can make this happen. I'll be damned. It worked. Haven't been much on the picture part of this site but it now looks as though i could become a very dangerous individual. That one pic is that of the .17. I'll get a pic of the new 22-250 and trya nd get it up. Be back in a minute or two.Thanks MeMike and Ken.
Small Block

Attachments

• Jungferman 033.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Jungferman 025.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Jungferman 027.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 110
  • Jungferman 026.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Jungferman 034.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 90
Done deal. I traded for a Savage Accu trigger 22.250 new in the box and i still need a scope for some 600 yd shots. What's your recommendations on the optics. Haven't shot the rifle yet but need the info on the optics so let me know your thoughts. The good part of this site is your guys know the ins and outs of what we need to know. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
Small Block
Good call on the 22.250 Bill, my folks over by black river use them for the long shots taking care of the coyote population 8)

Lets see if i can make this happen. I'll be damned. It worked. Haven't been much on the picture part of this site but it now looks as though i could become a very dangerous individual. That one pic is that of the .17. I'll get a pic of the new 22-250 and trya nd get it up. Be back in a minute or two.Thanks MeMike and Ken.
Small Block

Well I'll be dang:cheers::cheers::cheers:, I believe you've got it dear Watson :toothy10:
If I was not so pooped I would take off to your place today :happy10:

Congratulations on the picture posting Small Block :cheers:

we are in trouble know :toothy10:

"We are in trouble now". You dont know how true those words are. Another milestone accomplished.......i think. Mike, i see you went to Corning. There were probably several from town down at that show. I was here having a good birthday. The wife ask what i wanted so i told her not to buy me anything. I told her i wanted some fried okra, fried potatoes, brown beans, hot cornbread and some fresh sliced onion with some ice tea to wash it down with. She said she would throw in some fried chicken. And i let her know i wanted the two grandsons there with me. Man that was the berries. 59 aint all bad.
That shot of the target was a 200 yd shot and those two can be covered with a dime. I did some trading on the gun and i already had the Redfield scope. I think i'll back it up and shoot some 300 yd stuff today. Look out coyotes.
Small Block

Pretty sweet shooting gun huh? Lots of fun to shoot and cheap to reload. Let us know how it does out to 300.

its a shame its almost impossible to get a license for these lightweight small caliber riffles over here, its not all that easy to get a license for any gun or riffle at all actualy :(

as for the .50caliber stuff that always comes up in these threads, .50 barrets are not made for shooting at soft targets they are mainly designed to take out equipment at long distances, sonly real use on soft targets are at stupid distances with a very good shooter being able to understand thermal and wind effects over those crazy distances and preferably using a spotter to take out the target

"We are in trouble now". You dont know how true those words are. Another milestone accomplished.......i think. Mike, i see you went to Corning. There were probably several from town down at that show. I was here having a good birthday. The wife ask what i wanted so i told her not to buy me anything. I told her i wanted some fried okra, fried potatoes, brown beans, hot cornbread and some fresh sliced onion with some ice tea to wash it down with. She said she would throw in some fried chicken. And i let her know i wanted the two grandsons there with me. Man that was the berries. 59 aint all bad.
That shot of the target was a 200 yd shot and those two can be covered with a dime. I did some trading on the gun and i already had the Redfield scope. I think i'll back it up and shoot some 300 yd stuff today. Look out coyotes.
Small Block
Well!!!! Happy belated birthday :cheers: I told Treva and she said it was :shock::shock: We missed your B-day.
In Treva's voice HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

I herd there was a car show in west plains a couple weeks ago from what some folks said there, and I handed out about 5 of your cards yesterday people looking for part's that was from Missouri 8) I enjoyed a Brot and sour crout on your birthday 8) how ever you spell it :toothy10:
59 and doing better then fine :happy10:

its a shame its almost impossible to get a license for these lightweight small caliber riffles over here, its not all that easy to get a license for any gun or riffle at all actualy :(

I was working with a technician from Germany a couple of months ago at my job. He was amazed how easy it is to buy a gun here in the USA. He also thought it was pretty cool that I designed a room just for guns when my house was built.:toothy10: He was here training for a week and one day after work I took up in the mountains on our 4 wheelers and let him shoot a few of my guns. He had a blast. You should have seen his face when he shot my 12 gauge with 3 1/2 magnums.

Congrats on the new rifle. Savage is well known for being one of the most accurate rifle's out of the box. Leupold is my scope of choice,but those older Redfields were mighty fine scopes,too. I like the Winchester premium ammo. Pretty hard to beat,without re-loading. Shoot em up,and enjoy!!

Thanks guys. I'll keep ya posted on the 300 yd shots. Too windy today with a strong cross wind between me and the target.
Small Block

-
Back