New Victor340 intake from Jegs

-
I would think he may be chiming in. We had a nice phone conversation the other day. I plan to have before and after numbers from a port with it mounted on the set of 2.05 Edelbrock heads I’m porting right now. Unless he would rather have the test done on a set of 2.02 valve Speedmaster heads I’m porting after this set.
Gents and any ladies …. John is porting my M1. I don’t remember how thick the spacer is but I’m pretty sure it’s more than an inch thick.

Thanks John, delightful conversation for sure. The 2.05 valve is good. The heads I have, have a 2.08 intake valve. I know there will be a difference but it’s small potato’s really. It is more of the before and after effects.

@408 swinger
The question on the TQ size….. I will try two. A 440 (AKA The big TQ.) The. I’ll try out my monster old tyme Race TQ, the 1,000.
The first test I’m actually a bit iffy on if the set up will be a worthy combo for this particular paring of parts. But I want to test it anyway.

Previously on the forum, it was and still is a guess as to where the dual plane (RPM specifically) would give way to the M1. (Also specifically the M1.) It’s was strictly a track drag car auestion.

Considering the specs of the car… it was running a 360, given the cam size, somewhere around it not exactly the MP .557 purple cam, the ET’s where a few hundreds within each other IIRC. The EPM came out strong on the low end but gave up MPH on the top end. The low end power was strong enough to still (*I THINK!*) be faster.

If we do some history seeking….. the old MP engines boom still recommends the dual plane. And since it’s MoPar written…
It was the six pack they suggested. They didn’t have anything between their standard aluminum copy of the stock intake and the rpm didn’t exist yet. Even when it did, they promoted their own stuff over the competition. That’s just bad biz. Both perform awesomely. Just one a crap ton cheaper.

John, don't know if you can share the info, but how does the flow #s for Mopar M1 compare to the Eddie Victor 340 ? Thanks for all the knowledge you share on this board.

I know I took a car( my current car) that ran 12.23@109 with an M1 and a Holley street/strip 750 carb. 360 with factory replacement cast pistons.
I made ONLY the following changes
very mild porting on the Eddie heads(350 bucks worth)milled the heads 30 thou and went 028 gaskets vice 039 gaskets
swapped comp shelf cam 246@50 for Howard’s shelf cam 260@50…almost identical lifts
swapped to old Holley 950 hp
swapped on Eddie air gap dual plane
car went [email protected]
zero other changes
i am not a believer in the M1 single plane, the Victor on the other hand( and the xcellerator, especially on a stock stroke deal) , imo..really shine.

I know I took a car( my current car) that ran 12.23@109 with an M1 and a Holley street/strip 750 carb. 360 with factory replacement cast pistons.
very mild porting on the Eddie heads(350 bucks worth)milled the heads 30 thou and went 028 gaskets vice 039 gaskets
swapped comp shelf cam 246@50 for Howard’s shelf cam 260@50…almost identical lifts
zero other changes
i am not a believer in the M1 single plane, the Victor on the other hand( and the xcellerator, especially on a stock stroke deal) , imo..really shine.
That's a lot of changes, it would have been nice to see what the m1 would have done in comparison. @Rat Bastid will have a 360 on the dyno soon and will be testing an rpm and an m1 back to back so it will be interesting to see the results. Also will be testing 3 different size headers on it as well, 1 5/8 dougs, 1 3/4 hookers and 1 7/8 hookers.

zero other changes
I forgot to mention in my post about the RPM vs the M1 and the car in question was running faster than yours.

Ink self would never use a single plane on a stock stroke engine unless it was in the 10’s. Also, not to be a jerk about it, but you didn’t have enough engine under the M1 and your comparison is an I’ll one with the amount of changes done.

A 750 to 950, 246@050 to a 260@050, stock Edelbrock heads to minor ported heads. Seriously, this is two different engines.

John, don't know if you can share the info, but how does the flow #s for Mopar M1 compare to the Eddie Victor 340 ? Thanks for all the knowledge you share on this board.
He hasn’t touched the M1 yet except to take it out of the box. He has two sets of cylinder heads before it. He hasn’t had a M1 prior ether.

That's a lot of changes, it would have been nice to see what the m1 would have done in comparison. @Rat Bastid will have a 360 on the dyno soon and will be testing an rpm and an m1 back to back so it will be interesting to see the results. Also will be testing 3 different size headers on it as well, 1 5/8 dougs, 1 3/4 hookers and 1 7/8 hookers.
That’s the way to do it. Back to back. Tune the carb for each intake and header combo and then swap intakes and do it all over again.

I forgot to mention in my post about the RPM vs the M1 and the car in question was running faster than yours.

Ink self would never use a single plane on a stock stroke engine unless it was in the 10’s. Also, not to be a jerk about it, but you didn’t have enough engine under the M1 and your comparison is an I’ll one with the amount of changes done.

A 750 to 950, 246@050 to a 260@050, stock Edelbrock heads to minor ported heads. Seriously, this is two different engines.

it’s a lot of changes, but it really isn’t.
carb swap I doubt was a tenth.
and the work on the heads( I later found out at Valley performance) wasn’t very positive.
trans, vert, gears, headers, etc, etc were not changed.
that is very little to pick up 9 mph and a whole second.
and the cam, bigger yes, but no more lift.
kinda proud of that combo, low compression, 3350 weight stock stroke 360, I think that is hauling ***

it’s a lot of changes, but it really isn’t.
carb swap I doubt was a tenth.
and the work on the heads( I later found out at Valley performance) wasn’t very positive.
trans, vert, gears, headers, etc, etc were not changed.
that is very little to pick up 9 mph and a whole second.
and the cam, bigger yes, but no more lift.
kinda proud of that combo, low compression, 3350 weight stock stroke 360, I think that is hauling ***
Give me a break! LMAO!!!!!

No, it’s a lot of changes.

14* @.050 in cam, 200 cfm & massaged heads….IDGAF who said what about how positive it was, it was a positive. Even if it’s a minor minor minor one, it’s a positive change my friend.

Two different engines.

None the less, it was better overall and that’s what counts.
The first combo wasn’t enough to use the M1 single. No doubt! When John gets to the M1, the information released via his bench will be the second set of flow numbers I have seen. First being Hughes’s engines. There tests made the MoPar Muscle magazine & is what everyone loves to print out saying “Lookie here!”

It should be interesting.

Does anyone know the span of years between the RPM, Offenhauser Port-O-Sonic, Holley Strip Dominator, the M1 & the Victor as to when they were put out?

I remember when the RPM came out for the MoPar but I do not remember the year.

Give me a break! LMAO!!!!!

No, it’s a lot of changes.

14* @.050 in cam, 200 cfm & massaged heads….IDGAF who said what about how positive it was, it was a positive. Even if it’s a minor minor minor one, it’s a positive change my friend.

Two different engines.

None the less, it was better overall and that’s what counts.
The first combo wasn’t enough to use the M1 single. No doubt! When John gets to the M1, the information released via his bench will be the second set of flow numbers I have seen. First being Hughes’s engines. There tests made the MoPar Muscle magazine & is what everyone loves to print out saying “Lookie here!”

It should be interesting.

Does anyone know the span of years between the RPM, Offenhauser Port-O-Sonic, Holley Strip Dominator, the M1 & the Victor as to when they were put out?

I remember when the RPM came out for the MoPar but I do not remember the year.

the old style 950 hp isn’t much bigger than a 750.
I bet I have swapped 15-20 carbs around over the years, and around a tenth is as much as I have ever seen
Patrick( pro systems, who i used to work with, gave me 3 carbs one time to try on my old W5 deal.
his 750, 1000 cfm 4150, and an 1100 Dominator. These I tried, along with a 1025rs race demon I had ( best carb I have ever owned)
the 750 was about 11 hundreds slower than my 1025rs, and about a tenth down from Patrick’s Dominator. In fairness to the Dominator, I could have used a bit more clearance than I had with a hemi dart scoop.
kept his Dominator, gave the other two back, and..stupidly..sold the 1025 RS

Ask around…word is I’m already a character lol.

I was just out on the shop, swearing enough to make a sailor blush.

That happens when I have to work on Pontiac crap.

I HATE working on cars. Can you believe that. I bought my moms 2003 Chevy Malibu in 2009 when she passed away. It now has 76000 miles on it. My dashboard looks like the dog-gone space shuttle at night from all the warning lights. I should wear sunglasses after dark. It’s a six cylinder and I changed the front three spark plugs four years ago. I really should finish that job. Lol

I HATE working on cars. Can you believe that. I bought my moms 2003 Chevy Malibu in 2009 when she passed away. It now has 76000 miles on it. My dashboard looks like the dog-gone space shuttle at night from all the warning lights. I should wear sunglasses after dark. It’s a six cylinder and I changed the front three spark plugs four years ago. I really should finish that job. Lol

Hell, I’m just trying to get that Pontiac up on the dyno. What a giant PITA.

EDIT: I hate working on cars too. Especially the “new“ crap, which started in about 1977.

I’ll go as far as ODB1. That’s it. I don’t want to bother with that crap. Such PIA.

@pittsburghracer which part number Edelbrock gasket was this? I think I remember you mentioning a 7276 before in another thread. I am curious to compare the same gasket on my intake, since I will be ordering some gaskets anyways.

Here you go

image.jpg

Ask around…word is I’m already a character lol.

I was just out on the shop, swearing enough to make a sailor blush.

That happens when I have to work on Pontiac crap.
Lol. That sounds like me but with Fords.lol

-
Back