new wheels YES OR NO ASAP i only have limited time

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
YEs or NO????

15x7 in the front with 4.00 backspace in front
15x8 rear 4.50 in the rear

SULTAN_4.jpg

I've got 15 x 7's with 4.25 BS on the rear of my 71 dart and they fit fine. I could get the size you want if I wanted too so with a duster you should be fine. my fronts are the same wheel as I have on the back and they are fine also. I just worry about the 4 in BS though but I have never worked with a duter.

Yes, but I think the 4" BS could put the wheel to far out for turns you will have to have the car sit pretty high so you don't rub.

I have 15x7 with 4.25" BS on the front and 15x8 with 4.5" BS on the rear of my 68 Barracuda. The front tires are 215/60-15' and the rears are 255/60-15's.

I had 225/60' on the front orignally but when the wheel is turned in the tire come rear close (about 1/16") to the front edge of the fender. I was backing up turning and ran into a dip that compressed the suspension and the tire caught the fender and folded it up under! :(

some body and paint work it's all better now but I didn't want to deal with that again so I went down a size on the front. Interestinly I had 236/60-14's on the front before on 6" rims and these cleared with almost an inch to spare. The 225/60-15 is only .4" larger in diameter but the extra rim width changed the radius the outside edge of the wheel passes through.

The 4" backspacing will exaberate the issues so becareful on tire size.

You may want to let the local wheel place let you dry fit them if they really want to make the sale just so you are not dissapointed if they don't fit right.

I prefer 4 of same size so I can rotate regularly and get my moneys worth out of my tires.

YES !! i HAVE THE SAME WHEELS ON 2 OF MY CARS. GETS A LOT OF COMPLIMENTS. I ORIGINALLY HAD RALLY WHEELS ON MY CARS, THEN BOUGHT THE NEW WHEELS, INSTALLED THEM, AND YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I BOUGHT A NEW CAR !! EVERYONE NOTICED. BUY THEM, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!!

In my opinion, No. They won't look right in a 15". That style there looks like it should be 17 or 18. It'll look goofy at 15 imo. The old torque thrust D's can definately pull off the 15" look, those just look like they want to be bigger. I'd get some $120 pro-stars or something if i was going 15s.

Wheels and tires will make or break a car. Take the time to size them perfectly and stuff the wells right, you'll be happier at the end instead of settling with something because its a good deal...

Pick wisely! No regrets over my old Rallyes. Looks like a whole new car, tons meaner too!
elbarracuda.jpg

pic1.jpg

Just my 2cents!

I kind of agree with goody! I much prefer those other rims that you were looking at, and I personally don't like a polished rim like that...But that is only my opinion.

-
Back