Newbie needs help ...

-
I agree, I've seen some really nice old mopars with 20s' but to make it look right, takes some serious forethought and design work. They need to be tucked under pretty tight and that's not easy especially up front. They are not everuone's cup o' tea but they can look good. The trick is not making the car look like it's a toy. MuscleRodShop in South TX does some very nice work. I got to see a charger they did sa a widebody before it was public. Stunning work they did and it looks "right". That car is six inches wider and 3 inches shorter that it started out and has a full chassis, and viper motor.

-C

wel, we keep ssaying 20's but lets also say 15, 16, 17, 18 or 19. All bigger than stock in many cases considering many came with 14's.

A 28" tire on a 20" wheel as a 4" sidewall. A 24" tire on a 16" wheel has the same sidewall. 18"26"..etc.

Your welcome

Did you figure out what bolt pattern and brakes you have?
That will dictate a lot
It has 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern now. There is disc front, rear drum ... do I need any other info?

It has 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern now. There is disc front, rear drum ... do I need any other info?

no with this you should be able to figure out what wheels and tires would fit
oh, and what rear end do you have?

Post a picture of the center of rear axle. We should be able to identify it.

I almost said 'post a picture of your rear end' but thought better of it..
LOL ... I'll take a picture tonight and post it. Thank you!

This might help
Mopar_rear_id.jpg

Ok, so we know you got LBP, disc's up front, and a small rear with drums in the back...what are we working on again, 72 scamp?

Keep in mind 15x7s are a pretty popular size, you can probably find a used set on here

-
Back