NHL 23-24

-
Nice to see Kuch be the 5th player in NHL history to get 100 assists in regular season.

Normally that wouldn't be a bad thing, right?

Unless one of the guys you're competing for a trophy with became the 4th the week before.

I wanted to see Matthews get 70 goals, too. Bummer.

But:

1- how 'bout TBL without Hedman?
2- how 'bout that "new" TBL backup goalie...against a guy that really wants to get goal #70 and a whole team trying to make it happen?

Last edited:
1/2 hour to puck drop, heres my predictions
Carolina vs NYI = Carolina in 6(maybe 5)
Leafs vs Booins= Leafs in 6
Smashville vs Hongcouver= Hongcouver 7
TBL vs FLA = Lightning in 7
Rangers vs Caps = Rangers in 5...maybe 6
Jets vs Avs = Jets in 6
Vegas vs Dallas = Dallas in 7
Kings vs Oilers = Oilers in 6

***all predictions subject to change without notice**:rolleyes:
One for Don. :thumbsup:

TBL showed two half periods of sparks.

Gonna have to do better than that, though, although it was a good game in general.

I'm on the road and missed it. Looked like a wild one.
I hate to say this but Colorado really needs a goaltender, Georgiev gave up 7 on 21 shots. Pretty hard to beat anyone in the NHL when you aren't able to stop them from scoring. That's 14 goals in the last 2 games the Jets have scored against the Avs.
Sure, Colorado has all kinds of offense, but they won't get 6 past Hellebuyck very often.
I don't know why they didn't go after a goalie during the season, that will cost them any chance at the cup, even if they do manage to get past the Jets, which I don't think will happen.

Totally agree. He had a good season until the last two weeks when he pretty much choked. Avs have also struggled with a good backup but I think they have one now. I'm not betting on them beating the Jets.

The Jets need to make the Avs play their game of defense first. The run and gun style of last night's game is fun to watch, but it isn't what got them to this point.

1/2 hour to puck drop, heres my predictions
Carolina vs NYI = Carolina in 6(maybe 5)
Leafs vs Booins= Leafs in 6
Smashville vs Hongcouver= Hongcouver 7
TBL vs FLA = Lightning in 7
Rangers vs Caps = Rangers in 5...maybe 6
Jets vs Avs = Jets in 6
Vegas vs Dallas = Dallas in 7
Kings vs Oilers = Oilers in 6

***all predictions subject to change without notice**:rolleyes:
One for Don. :thumbsup:
tbl and leafs be playing golf shortly

Much better game from Georgiev tonight. He made some excellent saves early on to give the Avs a chance to get rolling. Even though the Jets opened the scoring three minutes in he settled down and and kept his team in it. Hellebuyck wasn't great, gave up one soft goal, and misplayed the puck on another one, but too many bad plays in the defensive zone cost the Jets the game.
On to Denver and game 3.

OTL still not good enough for Lightning.

They did look better, just not better enough.
#86 clearly not on his game- possibly the difference.
Many missed or overshot passes, many way wide shots.

Outstanding backwards facing arm save by Bobrovsky, though.
OutF'nStanding.

Thats an amazing save Bobrovsky made. Wow!!

Jets are their own worst enemy, a steady parade to the penalty box is no way to beat the Avalanche, their power play is just too good. Jets led 2-1 after 2 periods, but Avs have stormed back with 4 unanswered goals.

Jets in penalty trouble again, Hellebuyck doing everything he possibly can, but the penalty parade continues to be a killer. Too many giveaways in the d zone sure don't help matters either. Colorado is playing their game, and it's working well for them.

Well, Avs are up 3-1, this is looking like deja vu all over again. Full credit to the Avs, they are playing exceptionally well, keeping Georgiev from being too busy and not allowing many second shots or goalmouth scrambles, while causing exactly that in front of Hellebuyck.
I was a little surprised to see Brossoit take the net in the third period, but Hellebuyck deserved a break.

Speaking of dejavu, Leafs had a gutless gritless effort and lose both at home, now down 3-1. Booed off the ice, should've been booed 10 times louder.
Well, Avs are up 3-1, this is looking like deja vu all over again. Full credit to the Avs, they are playing exceptionally well, keeping Georgiev from being too busy and not allowing many second shots or goalmouth scrambles, while causing exactly that in front of Hellebuyck.
I was a little surprised to see Brossoit take the net in the third period, but Hellebuyck deserved a break.

TBL not dead yet.

Not betting on them at this point, though.

Crazy P3 and OT Canucks over Preds.

Almost forgot Boesser hat trick...but no hats on the ice from shocked Preds fans.

Almost forgot Boesser hat trick...but no hats on the ice from shocked Preds fans.
Yeah and that was with the Canucks starting their backup to the backup goalie!! Nutty stuff.

Peeps here are piling back on the band wagon after last nights surprise win and 3-1 series lead…..

-
Back