NHL 23-24

-
Gathering my popcorn and adult beverages for FLA-NYR tonight.

Not crazy about the later start time.
I get up at 4:30 am to (feed cats, and) be at wotk at 7:00 after a 45 minute drive.
That's why I can't watch too many West conference games.
I do understand "prime time" ratings, though.

Boy NY were flatter than pi$$ on a plate last night. Love that 'Chuck was hitting and got game winner. Cats are HEAVY and it shows. NY better finger it out. Bahbah-rofsky(as Phil Espo would say) was awesome.
Great game tonight, Edmonton is looking good, but they're like Jekyll n Hyde.

McDavid takes a double minor for high sticking right at the start of OT, I thought for sure that was it, great job of killing that penalty, then McDavid has a glorious chance to win it late in the first OT but can't get the handle and Oettinger makes a great save. Skinner has been pretty solid in this game, but I'm still not sold on him, 2nd OT coming up, but I might not stay up, been a ***** of a week at work.

Finally I can stay up to watch tonight and tomorrow without repercussions, then a matinee on Sunday, along with a day full of racing.

I heard Larson was doing the double- Indy and 600.

McDavid takes a double minor for high sticking right at the start of OT, I thought for sure that was it, great job of killing that penalty, then McDavid has a glorious chance to win it late in the first OT but can't get the handle and Oettinger makes a great save. Skinner has been pretty solid in this game, but I'm still not sold on him, 2nd OT coming up, but I might not stay up, been a ***** of a week at work.
McDavid left all alone in the slot 32 seconds into 2OT and it's all over.

I went to bed after 1st ot also, he was all alone earlier and tried to get fancy and Otter stuffed him. Dbl minor start of ot, he said after how long it was sitting in there for 4 minutes. They are dynamite on PK, like 33/36?? He got redemption tho.
Great game.
McDavid left all alone in the slot 32 seconds into 2OT and it's all over.

Ranger-Panther game was draining, very relieved to have come away with the W. Rangers would have been toast if we had lost the first two in a row at home. We are really showing some grit this year, good to see.

Winning OT games like that can turn a series though and the Panthers looked absolutely stunned afterwards. They were really clamping down and Bobrovsky is looking impenetrable.

I’ll be honest, I have not been a big fan of Goodrow over these last few seasons. Our broadcasters are always saying that he is a proven cup winner and is a good guy to have in the room blah blah blah and thankfully he proved me wrong by netting his biggest goal as a Ranger last night.

Also good to see Philip Chytl playing well after missing so much time. He had a few nice chances last night.

Awful quiet in here.

My favorite thing from last night’s game was after he scored his second goal of the night Sean McDonough goes What’s gotten into Barclay Goodrow???

Go Rangers..how about Pasta basically DIDN'T do **** for the Bruins in the playoffs but wins the world cup for his country..

Go Rangers..how about Pasta basically DIDN'T do **** for the Bruins in the playoffs but wins the world cup for his country..
It takes more than one player for a hockey team to win a title/gold medal/cup.

Trouba deserved 5 and a game last night, that was a joke. Rod I think embellished it a bit, but that was WWE bs right there, and not the 1st time this playoffs. Goof.

Missed all of the action last night, as I was watching the MN/Boston women’s game via YouTube (thanks to Bally Sports going bankrupt, the assholes.) Quite an enjoyable game, albeit a bit long (double OT, and and almost all of it played.)

MN could have Skated the Cup last night had they won, and quite honestly they were the better team, but Boston had the game winning goal. And that’s all that matters.

Back to Boston now for the final game (the women only play to 5 games.)

Busted too much *** over the weekend to watch anything.

Trouba deserved 5 and a game last night, that was a joke. Rod I think embellished it a bit, but that was WWE bs right there, and not the 1st time this playoffs. Goof.
I tend to agree, he has been taking A LOT of dumb penalties and it's been frustrating to watch. I appreciate his toughness but you can't keep putting the team at a disadvantage with undisciplined play. Not very Captain-like! He should be taking Igor out to dinner for picking him up.

I think we (NYR) have a bit of momentum going. I've said it before but hard-fought overtime losses can be tough to come back from. Panthers basically dominated for most of the game, has to get in your head when you control the play but lose in the end.

Rooting for the Rangers they haven't won it in a while!!
Don't remind me!

I can usually accept losing as long as the Islanders don't win either. We have as good a shot as any team right now so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Could only stay up for P2 FLA vs NYR.

Looked like FLA was getting creative and opportunistic.

...and apparently won in OT.

This is a series!

I agree, I see it going 7. Incredible how much of a swing it goes from one period to the next. NY has been outplayed huge but Igor has kept them in it.
McJesus needs to step up (and Skinner) if they wanna keep going.

Our top line has not shown up yet for this series, not sure what they're waiting for. Krieder is -5,(!) Zibanejad is -3, Panarin is only a +1. Vinny Trochek and Barclay Goodrow have both really stepped up they've been our entire offense these last four games. Rempe is +2 but that does not mean a whole lot since he only plays a few minutes a night.

Good to see Blake Wheeler back too. Some commentators thought his career might be over after his leg injury but he jumped right back in like he never missed a game.

-
Back