NHL 23-24

-

YY1

Reaction score
OK, I'll start it.

My TBL is 1-0 after beating Nashville last night in the season opener.

Looked a little dicey for the Bolts in the second, but they came back after the successful penalty shot.

Turned out to be a pretty good game.

Vasilevskiy out for months after spine/disk surgery.
New guy looked pretty good despite allowing a goal less than 2 minutes after I started watching in the 2nd.

I didn't follow too much of the off season and I'm still trying to figure out who's still on the team and who left and has been added.

Kucherov wearing the "A" this year.

Also caught P1 of Hawks Penguins.

Played hockey my entire life, right up to my 50th b'day when a slapshot broke my ankle (Happy B'day to me, eh?) I'm "old school"/Original 6, so as far as I'm concerned, any game I watch (if it's not the One & Done Wild), my priorities of who I root for are as follows, in this order:
* Any Original 6 team
* Any Canadian team
* Any team in a "hard water" locale (aka, "ice", for you non-NHL folks).
* Any team that doesn't have cheerleaders in the stands.

As for these new Southern teams they've been adding to the league, I'm sorry, but give me a break! Ever heard the phrase, "When hell freezes over?" Well, it did just that last year. I mean, Vegas? Are you phuqing kidding me?

Uff-dah!

Last edited:
50/50 on my stl blues. roll the dice on them. how will the krug debacle affect them. a lot of young guys on the team. good luck to all teams. JUST KEEP THE F^&KING REFS OUT OF THE DECISIONS.

Just hoping the RED WINGS make the playoff's this year, It's going to take Steevie some time to re-build what the WINGS once had and bring the cup back to DETROIT
GO RED WINGS!!!

Wings looked pretty good towards the end of last season.

Played hockey my entire life, right up to my 50th b'day when a slapshot broke my ankle (Happy B'day to me, eh?) I'm "old school"/Original 6, so as far as I'm concerned, any game I watch (if it's not the One & Done Wild), my priorities of who I root for are as follows, in this order:
* Any Original 6 team
* Any Canadian team
* Any team in a "hard water" locale (aka, "ice", for you non-NHL folks).
* And team that doesn't have cheerleaders in the stands.

As for these new Southern teams they've been adding to the league, I'm sorry, but give me a break! Ever heard the phrase, "When hell freezes over?" Well, it did just that last year. I mean, Vegas? Are you phuqing kidding me?

Uff-dah!

I could be getting mixed messages here...

So are you a Tampa fan or not?

Leafs fan here...smh.
O'Reilly left for a reason....Bunting GONE! Thank you :thumbsup:
Matt Murray, hip surgery...AGAIN
Schenn gone.
GM Kyle Dumbass...gone....lotsa changes made, which was needed after the 2nd round shitshow.

Even though I left Winnipeg over 10 years ago I cannot bring myself to ever consider the Calgary Flames, ewwwww. Edmonton Oilers I can stomach to a point, but I will still be a Jets fan. They did a good thing signing Hellebuyck and Scheifele to extensions this week, plus they finally put the 'C' on the right guy in Lowry. We'll see how things go, but expectations are high, got some good balance in the lineup as long as the injury bug isn't too bad they should have a good shot this season.

They may not be original six, but the old Ottawa Hockey Club has it's name all over the Stanley Cup from the early days. Still hoping to get the name at the bottom, too.
TDP-L-stanleycuptrophy-042519-cha-047.jpg

They may not be original six, but the old Ottawa Hockey Club has it's name all over the Stanley Cup from the early days. Still hoping to get the name at the bottom, too.
View attachment 1716153615
Nice! I wasn't aware of this.

Also, don't know where Planet Claire is, but we call our place Claire Acres, after the dog.

Nice! I wasn't aware of this.

Also, don't know where Planet Claire is, but we call our place Claire Acres, after the dog.
Planet Claire has pink air
All the trees are red
No one ever dies there
No one has a head.

A great song by the B 52s...

My favorite team is the Vancouver Canucks and anyone who plays the Calgary Flames...

Planet Claire has pink air
All the trees are red
No one ever dies there
No one has a head.

A great song by the B 52s...
Yep, first song on the first album.
Also, and the reason for my ID line:

She came from Planet Claire
I knew she came from there
She drove a Plymouth Satellite
Faster than the speed of light

Go Sens!

It was a good tight game for a few periods. Not sure why they didnt start Fleury? Sat nite, HNIC, you would think he would have started.
I enjoy watching, but dont put much faith in regular season.
Bruins are a perfect example of that. :lol:
New motto the MN Wild should adopt:

View attachment 1716153960

The Minnesota Wild: Helping other teams look good since 2000!

I’m an Oilers fan but they are going to drive me to drink (more). I hope all this Stanley Cup talk dies quick after their 0 and 2 start. Who tells people ‘Stanley Cup or bust’ before the season starts?

-
Back