NHL Playoffs 2023

-
Thank you Tazer !

341141141_637456388192669_7068430460344550783_n.png

TBL over Det in a game that really didn't matter but lots of momentum for some individual players-

Point got his 50 (and 51)
Hagel got his 30
Killorn got a career high 27
Sergachev career high 64 points
Elliot (who I'm not completely sold on) got a shutout (42 shots)

D corp got a boost as they played without Hedman and Cernak.

Last edited:
I gotta say, though Detroit looked real good around mid-season.

They stole Yzerman back from Tampa as well as Derek LaLonde, and now have Adam Erne, all former TBL.

I am confident in Julian Brisbois, though to handle Yzerman's shoes.

A couple more pieces and Detroit will be dangerous.

He had a great career in Chicago!! Three cups and a Conn Smythe trophy. Not many players have those.

It will be interesting to see where he signs.
He has expressed an interest in coming home to Winnipeg to finish his career. The Jets are a cap team so It's all going to depend on whether he can be signed to a team friendly contract.

He has expressed an interest in coming home to Winnipeg to finish his career. The Jets are a cap team so It's all going to depend on whether he can be signed to a team friendly contract.
Captain Serious, congratulations on an exemplary career, truly a class individual, and leader, he grew up in my part of town.
It would be great to see him in a Jets jersey, he would bring a great deal to the locker room, plus he could be the spark needed to build ticket sales. It's possible he may be signed for a minimum contract due to his health issues.
Still a Jets fan.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

We're hot at the right time. I always worry about both the Devils and Carolina but I think we're playing as good as or better than both of those teams right now. We're also healthy for the most part and Igor is basically back to his Vezina-trophy winning self.

No matter that it was 90º here for the last two days, I'm still in Hockey mode for the foreseeable future.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

We're hot at the right time. I always worry about both the Devils and Carolina but I think we're playing as good as or better than both of those teams right now. We're also healthy for the most part and Igor is basically back to his Vezina-trophy winning self.

No matter that it was 90º here for the last two days, I'm still in Hockey mode for the foreseeable future.
Should be interesting with Kane and Panarin , they played together in Chicago .

Should be interesting with Kane and Panarin , they played together in Chicago .
Kane has been laying low for the most part just trying to fit in. I don’t think we have seen all of what he can do just yet. Hopefully he contributes like everyone knows he can. Pretty big adjustment for him after all those years in Chicago but he should be ready to go by now. Panarin is all-world.

Wow.

Lightning pretty much stun the Leafs 7-3.

...and 4th line scores!

...and no Hedman for most of the game.

Jets completely OWNED Vegas, held them to 17 shots on goal for the game. If they continue to play like that, it will make for a hell of a post season.

Winnipeg also has former TBL assistant coach.

A Jets/Oilers second round would be awesome!:thumbsup:

Toronto is sucking again, every year theres a brain dead **** that does something stupid to hurt the team. Kyle Clifford last year, Qadry 2 years in a row. Domi going way back to Neidermayer elbow. Bunting is not an impact player at all. Someon wearing 2 left skates could easily replace that ****. Watch his antics all the time. Mouthy goof. I was laughing watching him in penalty box trying to plead his case.

Toronto is sucking again, every year theres a brain dead **** that does something stupid to hurt the team. Kyle Clifford last year, Qadry 2 years in a row. Domi going way back to Neidermayer elbow. Bunting is not an impact player at all. Someon wearing 2 left skates could easily replace that ****. Watch his antics all the time. Mouthy goof. I was laughing watching him in penalty box trying to plead his case.
Well I guess I should have used the correct wording! Hah! While Bunting certainly does not show up as a league high scoring machine those kind of guys have a serious impact on the enthusiasm and grit of the Team. Some impact ya just can’t measure. I never made the roster because I was the best or fastest skater. So obviously I have a Bias! Hah! i Love Marchand, Domi is my hero, I would take Chelly in a minute, the list goes on and on. My very first practice when I played up I took a shot on net and the Coach immediately blows the play down and screams at me asking what I was doing. I replied trying to put the puck in the net Coach? He responded “ I drafted YOU to make sure HE (points to fast winger) puts the puck in the net! Using a vocabulary and adjectives you can only hear on the ice! I will rephrase….Buntings enthusiasm and chipping will be sorely missed! I stand corrected! Go Jets! Although I am really liking the kid in net for the Panthers. I may become a closet Panther fan! Great time of year! Go Jets!

-
Back