Niece with a terminal infection

-

AnotherA

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m not the kind too put this stuff out into the public, but we (family) are out of our league with this situation.
Hence my reason for turning to the A Body community for wisdom and assistance.

My 5 year old niece is in the hospital battling Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. She was diagnosed with it 2 weeks ago.

This past Monday the doctors said she had pneumonia in one lung but the treatments weren't helping so they had to biopsy it to figure out what exactly it was. They stopped the chemo treatment to allow her body to create white blood cells to fight the infection.

Yesterday they found out its a rare fungal infection and that its in most of her left lung, covering her spleen, part of her liver and in her sinuses.

Today we found out it spread to her brain.

No 5 year old should know what a portacath is or have to ever take morphine to ease aches and pains. She has been sedated for 3 days now.

Needless to say my sister and brother in law are doing their best they can with this situation.
Today Lauren was surround by family and friends. The doctors said that we should say our good byes in-case she doesn't pull through.
Her mom and dad have been by her side the whole time.

We as a family have done our best to take care of their needs and things at home while they focus on Lauren.

As " Uncle Shawn", I'm doing my best at trying to bring in donations to help pay the bills and what looks to be an impending funeral.
The last thing I want them to worry about now is bills. It will be hard enough when they go home to an empty spot at the kitchen table, summer clothes that won't get worn and a kindergarten backpack that will never be used.

If you can, please click the link and donate what you can.
The Lauren Olson Donation Fund

There is a chance for a miracle yet. Please help pray for one.

So sorry to read. Neither child nor parent should have to go through that.
Prayers on the way for Lauren, your entire family and the medical team.

Sorry I'm pretty well tapped here. I do wish you all well. I've lost my share of family members to various cancer, including a sister to brain cancer.

Thank you!

Words fail to convey the appropriate amount of appreciation.

Yall caint set up a Paypal payment? I don't like entering my credit card info. I mean......Kitty and I are going down with the ship, but it's not gonna hurt us at this point to send a little something. The damage is done.

We're sendin prayers for your niece. I have two myself and they are very special to me.

Prayers sent for her and your family. I know that my God is very capable of miracles and I am praying for one here. God bless!

That's a sad story but miracles do happen and I'm praying for one now. Prayers sent! tmm

Praying for Lauren and your family. You did a good thing by sharing this here.

Morning guys. Thank you for the sentiments and donations!

At the hospital now. Her platelet count has risen from yesterday on their own.
Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

Her father is by her side reading her books. There was a stack of them there when I got in. Not sure if he has been at it all night. I know he hasn't eaten more than a candy bar in a day and a half.

Headed to the cafeteria now to go find something edible for him.

Morning guys. Thank you for the sentiments and donations!

At the hospital now. Her platelet count has risen from yesterday on their own.
Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

Her father is by her side reading her books. There was a stack of them there when I got in. Not sure if he has been at it all night. I know he hasn't eaten more than a candy bar in a day and a half.

Headed to the cafeteria now to go find something edible for him.

Good to hear her platelet count is up, gotta start somewhere!

Lauren has been in my thoughts all day and my prayers are out there for her recovery!!

Hope you managed to get her Dad to eat some healthy food.

Prayers sent, may God be with everyone thats bed side to her to the time she rises and beats this!

Thats almost like looking at my daughter laying there, touching, sure is, I can't imagine, too bad I'm busted as if I had something to give just to say I can and did..... Thankfully Prayer is free!

Exactly, prayer is free.

She has been receiving white blood cell transfusions in an effort to help her own immune system try and fight the fungus.
At this point without a miracle she will be fully healed in heaven.

Prayers sent.... No child this young,should have fate this way.

-
Back