"No Budget" 1966 Valiant 100 straight axle GASSER

-
Got my front springs today, now its time to get rid of this gomm of a front end mopar put under these things... I'm thinking move the front wheels forward and also move the fender opening and extend the rear of the fenders... Any Input???

Attachments

• IMG_1679.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 435
  • IMG_1680.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 427
Got my front springs today, now its time to get rid of this gomm of a front end mopar put under these things... I'm thinking move the front wheels forward and also move the fender opening and extend the rear of the fenders... Any Input???
Works for me....

For a real live altered wheel base gasser, it's got to be!!!

Can't wait to see what that bad boy looks like when you get them mounted up. This is way cool!=P~=P~=P~

Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa!
Go for it. Sorry, there is a Dukes marathon on today.

Attachments

• agj_sized.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 400
That would be cool but I don't think it will transfer much weight cause the rear wheels are in the stock location. IMO, I would leave the fronts unless you move the rears forward too.

I can't wait to see that straight axle under there....what's the hold up? :-D

That would be cool but I don't think it will transfer much weight cause the rear wheels are in the stock location. IMO, I would leave the fronts unless you move the rears forward too.

agree....... are you moving the rear wheels?

Non stop sheetmetal work has screwed my whole summer... The main theory of weight transfer I'm working off of is the engine will be set back further with the extended front wheel base, notice almost all early AWB's and the first funny cars had extended front ends and the engine was as far back as possible...

10_60_s_MB.jpg

images

agree....... are you moving the rear wheels?

No, '66 darts look good altered in the rear, I think '66 valiants look silly... The '66 valiant has very strange wheel opening placement, notice my front fender has more metal in front of the wheel opening than it does at the rear...

I guess all the older mopar fenders are like that, just looking at my valiant in stock form, I think the front fender wheel opening should have been move forward a little and the rear openings moved back a hair....

Here is a build I hope I can still handle Hornet 8)
66 valiant body that will need some talent to put together, I am trying to figure what parts from my other models I have to put it together 8)
As you see the first picture is a straight axle gasser with the rear location kept in the factory position :happy10:

Attachments

• PC132243.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 345
  • GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 021.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 347
  • GETTING BACK TO SHOOTING 060.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 348
  • art work 66 Valiant 021.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 336
That's SWEET memike, here is the kit I'd consider using as a donor for that build, it's center driver, streched and straight axle chassis.... Revell Miss deal funny car....

!B4efJn!EWk~$(KGrHqQOKjIEyOiF3Iy6BMqEnlLQ-w~~_12.JPG

So the Charlie Allen car left the sheet metal alone in the front and rear......I say stretch the front! Based on what I see if you want the back altered you could do it in a few hours! lol

You can pick up a Miss Deal kit for around $20 if you shop around on ebay... I think it has a 392 hemi also..

So the Charlie Allen car left the sheet metal alone in the front and rear......I say stretch the front! Based on what I see if you want the back altered you could do it in a few hours! lol

The front will be an easy stretch, moving the rear forward a few inches isn't worth it, plus to me the '66 quarter panels look fine the way thay are for a gasser/AWB.. I think a lot of the old drag racers were more concerned about sitting the engine back as far as thay could get it, some AWB's the rear was never moved, just the front stretched...

The front will be an easy stretch, moving the rear forward a few inches isn't worth it, plus to me the '66 quarter panels look fine the way thay are for a gasser/AWB.. I think a lot of the old drag racers were more concerned about sitting the engine back as far as thay could get it, some AWB's the rear was never moved, just the front stretched...

Bro........... I like your plan............ straight axle, AWB gasser.........Are you allowed to take time off to BS on here? LOL

Bro........... I like your plan............ straight axle, AWB gasser.........Are you allowed to take time off to BS on here? LOL

Takein' time off to BS with you guys gives me the drive to build this sick twisted bastard of a gasser ;)

You can pick up a Miss Deal kit for around $20 if you shop around on ebay... I think it has a 392 hemi also..

Thank you for the info Hornet :cheers: Looks like a great donor 8)8)

Any updates greenhornet? Hopefully you didn't run out of "gas."

GAS?? Who da hell can afford gas??? Just been takein' a break from the board and catching up on some winter maintenance around the house before the snow starts flying... Tryin' to swing a few parts deals, ebay a few things... I did get the lower fuel cell straps MODIFIED, drilled the holes out bigger, had to lengthen both 1" then shorten both 1.25" in height, still need to make the 2 top straps, little crap like this seems to take forever...

Attachments

• IMG_1705.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_1706.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 458
-
Back