"No Budget" 1966 Valiant 100 straight axle GASSER

-
Lookin good so far GreenHornet keep it up!

Thanks man,
I figured out how to get rid of the long A-100 leaf springs, use "TRAILER SPRINGS"!!! I can get 2 new springs, shackle and hanger kit and u-bolt kit for $160.00, trailer springs are 26" long compaired to 47" long A-100 springs, now I can move my front wheels forward 8" and that should help a lot of things, weight transfer, wheel base etc... Trailer springs are 1-3/4" wide, guess how wide SPEEDWAYS straight axle springs are?? Yep, 1-3/4"..... I'll have up some progress and parts pics asap...

Thanks man,
I figured out how to get rid of the long A-100 leaf springs, use "TRAILER SPRINGS"!!! I can get 2 new springs, shackle and hanger kit and u-bolt kit for $160.00, trailer springs are 26" long compaired to 47" long A-100 springs, now I can move my front wheels forward 8" and that should help a lot of things, weight transfer, wheel base etc... Trailer springs are 1-3/4" wide, guess how wide SPEEDWAYS straight axle springs are?? Yep, 1-3/4"..... I'll have up some progress and parts pics asap...

Where are you getting the trailer springs from?

Since I'm building a straight axle Mopar as well, you can be sure I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!!

Where are you getting the trailer springs from?

Since I'm building a straight axle Mopar as well, you can be sure I'll be keeping an eye on this thread!!

I'm getting the springs and hardware off ebay... Go check out this link below, some good info...

http://www.rebelrodscarclub.com/members/lonniecobb/55straightaxle.htm

straight54.jpg

This ebay seller has everything I need spring wise, these springs are rated at 2900 lbs a piece----- trailerpartsking

59d8_1.JPG

577c_1.JPG

a04f_1.JPG

Yea can't build a gasser with out a old school gas chiller :cheers:

FOR SALE FABO 140.jpg

FOR SALE FABO 141.jpg

Coolness! what do you use as the coolant or do you just leave it empty and it works how a condensor works and cools through the coils?

You put ice in the can, that little drain plug on the bottom lets you drain the water out when it starts melting then you add more ice, thats ole' school drag racing bro...

Thanks to memike the gasser is gonna have one ;)

You put ice in the can, that little drain plug on the bottom lets you drain the water out when it starts melting then you add more ice, thats ole' school drag racing bro...

Thanks to memike the gasser is gonna have one ;)
It made my day to help a member out here with a cool build on a budget :happy10: and when I seen your 66 Valiant Sedan I could not resist
I have had so many good folks from all over the world send me part's and this was a chance to give back again Dry ice is another way to go and lasts longer and chills the gas lower, I took 4 tenths off my time back in the day with one I made myself out of a coffee can, the one I sent you is an old factory built one I picked up at a swap meet at Petit Jean mountain . 8) all aluminum and I can't think of a better home for it then your 66 Gasser build

It made my day to help a member out here with a cool build on a budget :happy10: and when I seen your 66 Valiant Sedan I could not resist
I have had so many good folks from all over the world send me part's and this was a chance to give back again Dry ice is another way to go and lasts longer and chills the gas lower, I took 4 tenths off my time back in the day with one I made myself out of a coffee can, the one I sent you is an old factory built one I picked up at a swap meet at Petit Jean mountain . 8) all aluminum and I can't think of a better home for it then your 66 Gasser build

Hahaha, I was thinking that as I read Greenhornet's post of if you could run something even colder than ice. haha, now that is definately cool

This is turning into one sick build. lol

Hahaha, I was thinking that as I read Greenhornet's post of if you could run something even colder than ice. haha, now that is definately cool

This is turning into one sick build. lol

I figure we'll just use some ice out of our beer cooler at the track memike ;)

memike hooks uh brother up!!!

Just wait until you see the tunnel ram DarTT, it's gettin' shipped outta New York today.. Me and memike have been bustin' *** rounding up parts the past few weeks...

Dry ice in them cool cans lasts a LOT longer and gets way colder.....just a little cool can FYI. That's a cool lookin cool can, btw. LOL

I figure we'll just use some ice out of our beer cooler at the track memike ;)

memike hooks uh brother up!!!

Just wait until you see the tunnel ram DarTT, it's gettin' shipped outta New York today.. Me and memike have been bustin' *** rounding up parts the past few weeks...

I think a beer might fit in there with some ice!

Here is couple straight axle cars short video I thought you would enjoy seeing some

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjo9r6z6GU&feature=related"]YouTube- Altered wheelbases on the street[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZum0jYG3ns&feature=related"]YouTube- Altered wheelbase Dart maiden voyage[/ame]

Here is couple straight axle cars short video I thought you would enjoy seeing some

Those are SWEET!!!!! I've gotta start doing some gasser updates bro.. These freakin' floorpans are takein' forever, plus slow-azz ebay shippers.. Maybe some pic updates SOON...

Ok, Time for some updates, we'll start with parts...

memike gifted us a vintage cool can and some wicked battery cables...

Motor plates are from WIKD71RICK ($60.00 shipped)

383 Tunnel Ram is from Fast01 ($200.00 shipped)

Found this "radio delete plate" in a '63 Impala cop car at the scrap yard, car was cool as hell, 327 factory 4-speed with a factory tach---- 4-DOOR----, of corse all of that was long gone.. The plate fits the Valiant perfect.. (free-be)...

Also a floorpan update--- remember what the floorboard looked like on page 5 ???? The first pic is most of what I took out when I first got it (yes thats thin aluminum signs)... The rest of the pics are what I've gotten replaced using scrap yard patches from a '73 Valiant...

I've just started fabbin' a "NEW AND IMPROVED" tranny tunnel, Falcon donor metal is thin as paper, so we'll use a 55-gallon metal barrel, much better metal... I've just started the fabbin' on tunnel in pics..

-
Back