No more auto sizing pictures on FABO?

-

MoparDart68

Reaction score
Ok, here's a new one.

I've posted pictures on this forum many times with zero problems. Now, FABO is saying that since my pictures are above the maximum allowed resolution, I have to manually reduce the res in order to post them. This is the first time I've seen this error message on FABO. Strange. Normally, I can browse and upload a very high resolution photo and FABO automatically reduces the resolution to fit the max res guidelines (800x1000 I think). Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

So I'm just askin' "why can't ya just resize 'em?" Even Microshaft "Paint" has a resize function, clumsy as it is. Most any computer comes with some sort of photo software, as do ANY camera you might buy.

I don't use Whindoz much, anymore, and I use GIMP, but you can download it free and use it on Microshaft as well as Linux

Irfanview seems to have a good "like" by many folks, it's free

There's small, nifty program from Microsoft called, oddly enuf, Image Resizer. Its in the PowerToys section of their site. After you install it, just go to picture file you want to upload, RIGHT CLICK, and in the menu you will see "Resize Picture" ...click on that, pick from half-dozen sizes (640x480 works best here) and hit "Save". A smaller pic file is created, and has the word (Small) added to the file name. Then just go ahead and upload as usual.

Easy, huh?...or should I say "EH"?

There's small, nifty program from Microsoft called, oddly enuf, Image Resizer. Its in the PowerToys section of their site. After you install it, just go to picture file you want to upload, RIGHT CLICK, and in the menu you will see "Resize Picture" ...click on that, pick from half-dozen sizes (640x480 works best here) and hit "Save". A smaller pic file is created, and has the word (Small) added to the file name. Then just go ahead and upload as usual.

Easy, huh?...or should I say "EH"?

I think this only works for Windows XP or Vista. I know I wanted it for Windows 7 but it said that it wasn't available at the time. I use GIMP as previously stated and I use Photobucket to host, which resizes automatically, as previously stated.

I think this only works for Windows XP or Vista. I know I wanted it for Windows 7 but it said that it wasn't available at the time. I use GIMP as previously stated and I use Photobucket to host, which resizes automatically, as previously stated.

Oh...could be...I'm still running XP.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I've used resizing programs in the past but stopped when I found out FABO automatically downsized the photos for me while uploading. It was nice to have one less thing to do before adding photos. I created this thread to see if anybody else is experiencing the same thing with photos larger than the max res allowed.

Hmmm...it's never done it for me. If the pic I was trying to upload was too big, it would tell me so. Is that not why this table is here....

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 127
I got a new camera and I also couldn't load pics so...I set the setting on the camera for fewer pixels and it worked fine. The picture s aren't as sharp but at least I can post pics.

I got a new camera and I also couldn't load pics so...I set the setting on the camera for fewer pixels and it worked fine. The picture s aren't as sharp but at least I can post pics.

Thats what I do. Set my camera to 3.1 MP and they load right up here.

I have a photo re sizer that came with my computer works great I have 2 folders at photobucket one for 600 size pictures and one for full size pictures.

Well, I was finally able to upload the pictures yesterday. All I did was trim the pictures a little near the borders with ZoomBrowser EX. The photos were still well above the maximum resolution that FABO allows (800x1000), so I"m a little confused as to why the upload worked.

I just use Microsoft Picture Manager, save em to a file on my external drive and upload to here straight on. Seems like a lot of work to re-size upload to an online site and then upload to here.

-
Back