no oil pressure

-
Did you pay with a credit card. Having a charge back would probably get their attention. Did you supply the engine core or did they supply it? If you supplied the engine reversing the charge on your card might lose you the core.

Maybe THEIR enignes break a lot of pushrods......I wonder why??? I can see the desire to get your money's worth but also see the point that if they are not pushing your stuff aehad and blame it on commonly breaking pushrods, there is not much to put your faith in anymore. It is a hard call. I guess I would let it ride at this point, politely inquire on a regular basis on if they are doing this and that, and pull the valve covers when it gets back. The one good thing about emails is that you have a paper trail; ask for emailed replies, not calls back. I know one guy who purposely avoids emials to avoid being trapped when he does not do what he says; nice guy, but he is not consistently reliable.

Also I might add, at this point if and when they do repair and return your engine. I would tear it down and inspect it!

I think I will pull the valve covers before I take it out of the create. If I could have gone to there shop and got it I probably would have, but this was out of state.
I guess ill just wait and see what they do. I just hope they do whats right.
Never bought a motor like this before and wont do it again,

Well all you can do is hope for the best. I agree with you not doing this again. Next time ask on here or your car buddies and go with a machine shop that is local to you that has a good reputation.

I'm all for giving someone a second chance, Everyone makes mistakes,

BUT

When a business doesn't accept responsibility for their mistakes and instead blames the customer, the installer and/or the parts and says "ok, we'll take a look at it. but you have to pay for the shipping to get it fixed"

Then i'm sorry, they don't deserve a second chance.

You can bet that they will get back to you with a story about how they found something that proves it wasn't their fault. And they'll be quick to tell you how generous they were to fix it for you free of charge even though it took them 2 months because they put you at the back of the line.

Not long ago i got a 904 built by a business who came highly recommended by a friend's father, I dropped the core in and i got the distinct impression that the man had never seen a torqueflite in his life. When I got it back the car didn't even make it out the driveway. it cost me $1300 and the builder said it must be my fault, that I either installed it wrong or didn't put enough fluid in the trans, then he tried to blame the torque converter. It really p1ssed me off.

He said i should bring the car in and he can take a look at it.

So now i'm supposed to pay to have it towed to his shop?

Instead of taking it back to him, I removed the trans and took it to someone who knows torqueflites like the back of their hand, it was over two hours drive. he opened it up in front of my very eyes and it took all of about 25 seconds for him to determine where it had been assembled wrong (mismatched splines on the output shaft).

The first guy was unwilling to agree to even a partial refund, but instead said he would be willing to do a service on another vehicle free of charge, I laughed and told him that won't be happening.

I'm out of pocket $1300 but at least now I have faith that my transmission is built by someone who's competent. WORTH IT.

"Aussie Automatics" in Airport West, Australia.

It was fixed by David Griffin. He runs a home built 904 behind his 10 second 360 charger, they're his specialty.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxQGGtF4a5Y"]vh 770 Moparnats Heathcote 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

I think I will pull the valve covers before I take it out of the create. If I could have gone to there shop and got it I probably would have, but this was out of state.
I guess ill just wait and see what they do. I just hope they do whats right.
Never bought a motor like this before and wont do it again,

What state? Maybe we have friends that can show up on your behalf. You can be near a phone, and they call you when you're there and it's on speaker...
You're far away... I also second the credit card route. If you paid ona card you have some protections.

Well they have had the motor back for almost a month they got it on april 14 and ever time I call I am told about the same story. ( the heads are in the shop should get them back by Friday then will build your motor call back next wed.)
I am about ready to get a lawyer.

Well they have had the motor back for almost a month they got it on april 14 and ever time I call I am told about the same story. ( the heads are in the shop should get them back by Friday then will build your motor call back next wed.)
I am about ready to get a lawyer.

After reading this thread front to back, I'd like to give a shout out to Jim Hamilton, Hamilton machine works in lake station Indiana. Invites you into the shop to see what's going on, takes the time and explains everything to you, Quality build, quality service.
Also, John Cope, Cope racing transmissions. Premium quality racing trans, big Mopar guy. Same thing. Explains everything to you, invites you in. After I installed the trans, he helped me get it tuned in and get all the linkages, etc. set. I would HIGHLY recommend both of these guys!!!
Just my .02

I hate to say it, but I don't think this shop has obligated themselves to perform the work in a specific short time frame, but is just contracted to perform specific work. Does not sound like you have anything in writing to go on. So, 3 weeks is not going to give you much to go on legally, especially since you have no financial losses that are occuring due to their delays. About all a lawyer can do at this point is to write a serious letter, and hope it lights a fire under those guys. but, it could backfire in that they throw it together crappily again and just shove it out the door. If you contact a lawyer, see what he/she says is best before you get too fired up on a plan of action; they deal with the miserable side of human relations all the time.

Sorry all this is happening....make sure you publish the name of this shop far and wide once you get this back and it runs. And don't tell them that you are going to do anything like that of like getting a lawyer....verbal threats at this point are probably just going to backfire with these clowns.

your right I am not saying anything till I get my motor sitting in my driveway. No verbal threat or anything. But a bunch of MOPAR guys were over last weekend and one of them was reading my warranty in writing and kick my *** for not reading it. It plainly says if it broke down within 3 month they would pay for parts and field labor. They told me they didn't pay field labor. So I had to pull it out and put it back in.The rest of our conversation will be by e-mail so I will have proof.

Well I got my motor back after almost two months. It ended up with a different set of heads.
The good part is it gained 17 more HP. Ended up 370 HP and 400 lbs torque. Amazing what a good set of heads will do. Ill get it in next week and know more about it.
The shop that built my motor maybe a good shop got a A rating with the BBB but I sure got a bad deal. Then their response to making it right in my opinion was pretty sorry. I bought this motor in Sept. here it is June and I still havnt got to enjoy it.
The shop is CME crate engines.(Carolina machine engines) located in Johnston SC, they advertise in Mopar Muscle. They may do good work but mine was a BAD job And their help to get it right was even worse.

Well - the upside - it's fixed (thus far) and fixed to a more powerful level and hopefully better condition. Overall the loss is emotional and time which is the best one could ask for. CME was the builder of choice for a big block build for another member here. Let's hope he gets a better product.

Well this story has a sorta happy ending. The motor is in and running great. I got nothing good to say about CME crate engines.

i'm glad they did make it right for you, although they took a long time and should have got it right the first time.

but gratz on being mobile again :D

Let's hope that there are no more problems...

Glad to hear that you got her runnin'....

Well I got my motor back after almost two months. It ended up with a different set of heads.
The good part is it gained 17 more HP. Ended up 370 HP and 400 lbs torque. Amazing what a good set of heads will do. Ill get it in next week and know more about it.
The shop that built my motor maybe a good shop got a A rating with the BBB but I sure got a bad deal. Then their response to making it right in my opinion was pretty sorry. I bought this motor in Sept. here it is June and I still havnt got to enjoy it.
The shop is CME crate engines.(Carolina machine engines) located in Johnston SC, they advertise in Mopar Muscle. They may do good work but mine was a BAD job And their help to get it right was even worse.
Good news you got the engine back , but I'd dyno it again , would not trust the numbers from a shop selling "crate" motors with mismatched heads . Sounds like they just slap together any old parts they have sitting in the shop .
Good luck , hope you get lots of miles on it .

I don't know how much does a MOPAR crate engine cost. Mine cost from carb and Dist. to oil pan. Ever thing ready to drop in and fire up the motor cost $5300.00.

-
Back