No Respect for Early-A's

-

BillGrissom

Reaction score
I got this e-mail from PickNPull. Isn't that an A body in the photo? I know some on FABO diss all 4 doors and early-A's in general, but can't PickNPull show a little respect. Bad enough when the joker on the Desert Car Kings show shattered an Early-A window just to be cute.

Attachments

• early-A.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 779
"Bad enough when the joker on the Desert Car Kings show shattered an Early-A window just to be cute." I know, that pissed me off too. And I used to live within walking distance of that yard. Them not being totally sought after isnt a bad thing though, keeps the prices affordable.

They are money oriented, couldnt give a crap about cars probably.

Yeah they should've used an import instead or keep a pic of a car out of the advertisement all together .

I got this e-mail from PickNPull. Isn't that an A body in the photo? I know some on FABO diss all 4 doors and early-A's in general, but can't PickNPull show a little respect. Bad enough when the joker on the Desert Car Kings show shattered an Early-A window just to be cute.

HMMMM..... 800 toll free number.... I think I have something to do when I am bored.

he's spot on with the b body the rear body line heading to the rear bumper gives the clue....it really does look like a 65 dart 270 till ya see there is a body contour missing
That is a 63-64 Plymouth b-body :glasses7:

"Bad enough when the joker on the Desert Car Kings show shattered an Early-A window just to be cute." I know, that pissed me off too. And I used to live within walking distance of that yard. Them not being totally sought after isnt a bad thing though, keeps the prices affordable.

Anybody who does that is an idiot and doesnt care about cars anyhow.

When I am in yards, I am careful not to break anything when removing parts cause you never know what someone else may need.

8 to 10 years ago I got to work on a few episodes of ''Rides'' and ''Overhaulin' ''
Some people that were dedicated watchers of the shows really thought that it only takes 7 days to completely transform a clapped out junker into a show car. I had to remind them it's "TELEVISION",,.. There is no realism in reality tv.

No Respect for Early-A's
Sad but true but that is main reason why I love them. Do not think late model mustang gt expected this result in cool video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWz_Gw1lyMA"]1965 Barracuda vs 2006 Mustang GT Match Race - YouTube[/ame]

I finally get some respect at the track in my Early-A.It sure surprises some Cramaro,s and Stangs if they haven,t seen me run before.:D

"I finally get some respect at the track in my Early-A.It sure surprises some Cramaro,s and Stangs if they haven,t seen me run before."

As you should, you really have that thing running well. My buddy Pat will be in the 9's once its sorted. Call it a path less traveled but the last thing the world needs is another fox body stang. Anyone can make a Ford Or Chevy go fast with simple bolt on parts, an A body with a BB in it separates the men from the boys.

Attachments

• Pats Dart Rear.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 515
There,s a few members here running in the 9,s with SB also.Some day I,ll change my setup for race fuel(pump gas now)and dip into the 9,s...Someday LOL

"There,s a few members here running in the 9,s with SB also.Some day I,ll change my setup for race fuel(pump gas now)and dip into the 9,s...Someday LOL"

You thinking alcohol or up on compression with high octane?

Thinking about upping compression,also thinking about an R3 block.Ofcourse this is just a thought for now $$$.I,d have to make changes to the cage in the car for NHRA specs.

In Blue Springs Missouri, a local equipment rental place ran a commercial showing a bobcat smashing what looked like a perfectly good 2-door (obviously, it was the fast back) early 70s Dodge Dart. I wish I had been there for the filming to save it. My first car was a 4 door 63 Valiant with a push buttoon auto slant six. I wish I still had that car.

The reality of the classic car world is that the early a's get no respect! My 66cuda and now my 65 formula s cuda are nice classic car! The 66 ran low 14's at track I was secong 2 years in a row in street class at Great Lakes in Wisconsen! I no longer race that car was wrecked on day coming home in the rain a guy backed out of his driveway and killed it! I now restored a 65 formula s with a 318 that is not quite so fast yet! I am no longer interested in racing, just fun street car! Reality is the early Cudas, A bodies get no respect for what reason I do not know! I have been to many hang outs, street rides and people love the car, some will ask what year mustang it is, makes me laugh!!! One must just enjoy their ride do what you do and one day it will work out! Soon these cars will be worth more, they are becoming rarer by the day!!! I love my cuda and will keep it out on the street, I just moved to Chicago area and need to get the cuda shipped here soon! It is sitting at a friends in Maryland waiting for me to get it here! All that is left in its final resto is a paint job! Also coming soon, it all takes money!!! LOL Mopar or NO Car is my Opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the old cudas, you would think from a value standpoint the early A's would be on the upswing, hell they are almost 50 years old. In all seriousness the body lines and the panel work on these cars is truly classic. I am in the contract metals business we stamp up to 800 tons and I know how hard this stuff was to make.

in general being a mopar enthusiast is the road less travelled. When you add to that early A bodies which are difficult cars to put big blocks in, I can see why some don't respect them. That being said the challenge the present to make fast along with their sexy lines is exactly why I love my 63 Dart. Early A's are the way to go IMO. they are affordable and still easy enough to find

in general being a mopar enthusiast is the road less travelled. When you add to that early A bodies which are difficult cars to put big blocks in, I can see why some don't respect them. That being said the challenge the present to make fast along with their sexy lines is exactly why I love my 63 Dart. Early A's are the way to go IMO. they are affordable and still easy enough to find

I agree 100%. I love the 63-66 body styles the most out of any other body style. Still enough around, affordable for anyone to get their hands on, and lighter weight than the later cars. I want to get another one or two here soon hopefully, I want to build a fast slant six car.. :)

I agree 100%. I love the 63-66 body styles the most out of any other body style. Still enough around, affordable for anyone to get their hands on, and lighter weight than the later cars. I want to get another one or two here soon hopefully, I want to build a fast slant six car.. :)

I totally agree. I've been into early As for over 30 years and I really enjoy it. Way to go!

-
Back