No where to go so I emptied this Box!!!

-

Oldmanmopar

Going left turning right
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife is not happy that I emptied this box of parts out in the house but I needed something to do.
This stuff has to get sorted so I can pick out what I want for my cars and what to get rid of,
I'll get more pictures as the night goes on. Then I'll get out some more.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR" this is what I am doing

100_0017.JPG

100_0018.JPG

100_0019.JPG

100_0020.JPG

100_0021.JPG

100_0022.JPG

100_0023.JPG

OMM, your wife is much more understanding than mine. Her comment would be "take the box out of here".

You have a gold mine there. Like sorting old coins.

Is that a Duster trunk lid lock mechanism in the 3rd picture?
There is a couple of locks for Dusters and the parts cabinets in the garage where this stuff is going has more.

I just need to get everything sorted into the shed and garage so I can find things. Its getting there slowly. There is much more that was on that table I didn't get pictures of. Right now I have to sort the Duster from the Demon. Two rooms in the house full. Found over 20 Duster tail lights an 8 Demon. Put all the Duster parts in the cars out back.

My wife puts up with a lot. She is just happy to be getting some of the room back. Between tonka's and model kits and parts the place is packed. Took a truck load of Tonkas to the Sons garage out of the bedroom today. Old GI Joe's , slot cars, diecast and Barbie collection still here. I was a hoarder. after the close call recently I have decided. to get rid of things so she don't have to deal with it. We took Half of the Barbies to auction 4 years ago and got over $10,000.00 for them. The best are still here.

We didn't have any grand daughters until 4 months ago. Now they will have a home. Let my son deal with them.

If he was, all that stuff would’ve been polished and restored to perfection, BEFORE he threw it in the box!
There are more boxes, That was two. Let the person getting the parts clean them up. What don't sell is going to Carlisle next year. I can walk in the room now. I'll dig some more boxes out tomorrow. I put what stays in the cabinet so far. The wife is happy. I even found the AR . She ask why I have so many bumpers in the house.

100_0036.JPG

100_0037.JPG

100_0038.JPG

100_0039.JPG

100_0040.JPG

100_0041.JPG

100_0042.JPG

So how many cars have you parted in your life? Im guessing its in the hundreds.

Looks like a average weekend trip to the wrecking yards back in the 80's..

I have decided. to get rid of things so she don't have to deal with it.

Amazing how many wife's have to do just that. It typically gets stolen from them by the vultures circling. Theres plenty of people right now that need your stuff. Kudos to you for thinking ahead and of your wife.........

At one time there were 21 in the back yard. I couldn't even begin to count the others that Tod and I stripped. There are 7 barracudas at todd and Three a-bodies here right now to be stripped and a couple more coming. Its a disease I can't shake. If I find them I buy them if they have something I want for my Demons. I have not been upstairs in the attic of the garage for several years. You can not get to the door with the machines in the way. I don't even know whats up there anymore. I have some pictures that's all

steve 324.jpg

steve 334.jpg

steve 332.jpg

steve 333.jpg

steve 325.jpg

steve 326.jpg

steve 327.jpg

steve 310.jpg

steve 311.jpg

I’ve been paring my collection down over the years. I couldn’t hold a candle to Steve’s parts stash, by any means, but my wife commented just the other day about how much stuff I had gotten rid of in the garage. I may have to use the AR line: “Honey? I was cleaning the garage and found another AR!”

There are more boxes, That was two. Let the person getting the parts clean them up. What don't sell is going to Carlisle next year. I can walk in the room now. I'll dig some more boxes out tomorrow. I put what stays in the cabinet so far. The wife is happy. I even found the AR . She ask why I have so many bumpers in the house.

View attachment 1715845376

View attachment 1715845377

View attachment 1715845378

View attachment 1715845379

View attachment 1715845380

View attachment 1715845381

View attachment 1715845382

not a dig against you, Steve. But, if you knew Ken like I do, you would be laughing and nodding in agreement!

Careful, Ray! I got a message from an admin last night after my first comment warning against turning this into a For Sale or Parts Wanted thread!!

Thought I had a lot of stuff.....well I did but not like that lol. The wife is now an X so don't have to worry about putting stuff in the house but I still need to clean out some junk that she left behind. Guess she figured she didn't need it anymore. Have one closet with some 8 3/4 parts in it but more needs to put in there. Used to have a 10 x 25 storage building packed full and got rid of about 75% of it and brought the rest home to my shop just to get out of the storage payment. Took a couple of months to absorb it all into the shop and sort out what to get rid of and still have too much stuff! Was difficult to walk around the shop during that time.....

-
Back