Noisy front upper and lower Control arm Bushings?

-

johnsvide

Reaction score
Is there a Quick fix for noisy bushings?, Car drives fine, Did'nt want to replace them til after Cruising Season? , Special Lube E.T.C.?

Well with rubber the bushings work differently than urethane. With rubber bushings you load the suspension with vehicle weight then torque them to spec and the rubber deflects as the suspension moves so a noise could be a bad/loose bushing or something else making the noise. You could try some spray silicone but keep it off the brake rotors and pads.

Can you describe the noise? Squeak, clunk, moan, grind, etc.

PST uses a rubber safe lube, I imagine you could spray them with a silicone based spray. .99 store sold a spray on lithium grease once in a small 8oz can. Some mechanic said use this in a spray bottle....
91qFT5tQLxL._SL1500_.jpg

Noisy OE rubber bushings? They're toast. You may be able to quiet them down with some lube, but that's not going to fix the problem. The rubber has to be moving in the shells if it's making noise, and that's only going to get worse.

rubber oem

Noisy OE rubber bushings? They're toast. You may be able to quiet them down with some lube, but that's not going to fix the problem. The rubber has to be moving in the shells if it's making noise, and that's only going to get worse.

Agree with you!! Typically rubber bushings that make noise need to be replaced....

A loud metal to metal squeak can come from a failed lower arm bushing. The pivot pin and that hole through the K member can get significant wear damage too. I have a late model K member here that needs that hole repair before it is installed because I continued to daily drive that ol' Valiant and let'er squeak. New pivot pins are readily available. Structural welding/repairs, not so available.

Mine were replaced 500 miles ago Moog UCA bushings by a mechanic doing my front end rebuild (tie rods, pitman/idler arm, u/l ball joints and steering gear box. They are now creaking on the passenger side. Confirmed by using WD-40 with my son's bouncing the passenger side

Mine were replaced 500 miles ago Moog UCA bushings by a mechanic doing my front end rebuild (tie rods, pitman/idler arm, u/l ball joints and steering gear box. They are now creaking on the passenger side. Confirmed by using WD-40 with my son's bouncing the passenger side

Thanks for the Info, Sprayed with silicone lube, Quiet so far?,Maybe it will get me through cruising season?

-
Back