Non-Abody: '72 Cuda, 5.7L Hemi, T56 Magnum

-

GoodysGotaCuda

Mr. Goody
Reaction score
Mine is just getting on the road and I am going through some initial tuning. I am running a Megasquirt MS3 Gold Box and a cable throttle body. Posting this up in case anyone has some questions about the swap that I could maybe help answer.

35485435014_bc4110832d_b.jpg
IMG_3616 by GoodmanPics, on Flickr

36278148996_5cc2ee041e_b.jpg
IMG_3614 by GoodmanPics, on Flickr

36278149536_0200bd7543_k.jpg
IMG_0441 by GoodmanPics, on Flickr

36278147666_16d7ec060d_b.jpg
untitled shoot-014 by GoodmanPics, on Flickr

36322002775_39015df4e5_b.jpg
untitled shoot-006 by GoodmanPics, on Flickr

Goody! Nice to see you stop in with a helping hand offer. Nice work there buddy, nice work!

NICE!! Personally I'd like to see you detail how you did the MS, trigger, etc, what components you used etc

Goody! Nice to see you stop in with a helping hand offer. Nice work there buddy, nice work!

Thanks! I've got it running pretty decently and am working through the various challenges of idle tuning with an IAC to get it as good as I can.

Goody Goody, Yum Yum...(google it) YOU'RE BACK!

Indeed, I am back, or getting there at least. I found a recall on my Wilwood master cylinder after 17 miles of driving, $2,500 worth of brakes was not stopping the car very well. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon! It's been a lot of work..
36278898576_880705d900_b.jpg
14079651_1255853944458661_6750246412357215129_n by GoodmanPics, on Flickr

NICE!! Personally I'd like to see you detail how you did the MS, trigger, etc, what components you used etc

The MS is from EFISource and the harness is slightly modified from how it comes from them, moreso for packaging and routing it how I wanted it. The body harness started as a painless harness that I cut the fuse box out of and started from scratch. All of the sensors are stock Hemi except for the TPS and IAC are 4.7L Dodge.

36154182752_075b7fa22a_b.jpg
fusebox by GoodmanPics, on Flickr

What's up with the recall on the master?
I'm about to run this one down the road for the first time. It's a 7/8 bore with 4 wheel wilwood brakes (6 piston fronts). I'd hate to find out the hard way that there is an issue!
20170708_165350.jpg

Mr.Goody, awesome build! But your missing 1 thing...

We need a video of you bangin gears in that bada$$ machine!!!

What's up with the recall on the master?
I'm about to run this one down the road for the first time. It's a 7/8 bore with 4 wheel wilwood brakes (6 piston fronts). I'd hate to find out the hard way that there is an issue!

I'm nearly certain yours is going to be recalled. I bought mine in November 2016 and it was. My car had near zero front wheel braking for the 17 miles I drove it. I bled and bled and bled it, thinking it was my fault.

7/8" bore Wilwood masters are the ONLY ones covered under the recall.

http://www.wilwood.com/Pdf/Recalls/RDCONL-17E030-0986.pdf

I have the same master and brakes

15826847_1397717476938973_5804982454017870544_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm nearly certain yours is going to be recalled. I bought mine in November 2016 and it was. My car had near zero front wheel braking for the 17 miles I drove it. I bled and bled and bled it, thinking it was my fault.

7/8" bore Wilwood masters are the ONLY ones covered under the recall.

http://www.wilwood.com/Pdf/Recalls/RDCONL-17E030-0986.pdf

I have the same master and brakes

View attachment 1715078411
Yep, same brakes. Awesome! I guess I'll check into that.... I bought my master about the same time!
20170708_165307.jpg

Love your car goody!! I see you are running a stock suspension and a t-56. What mods did you have to do to the torsion bar cross member? And, how do you like the tranny so far?

Love your car goody!! I see you are running a stock suspension and a t-56. What mods did you have to do to the torsion bar cross member? And, how do you like the tranny so far?

Thanks! The torsion bar crossmember took some pretty decent modifications to get that to work. The crossmember over was a quick design that I whipped up, it provides some structure to that area. I also added 2.5"x2.5" square tubing and created the forward members shown in red. They tie the forward frame rail to near the torsion bar sockets, they will take some torsion bar load as well.

11201822_1017343168309741_7346252927187080633_n.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 6.50.16 PM.png

Found another picture showing the forward frame members that I added. You can see how it helps connect the dots coming from the subframe connector, and it will help keep some of the torsion load directly out of the torsion bar crossmember.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 9.05.18 PM.png

Nice! Excellent food for through for my Cuda .... 1 day.

Very well though out with exceptional execution. ....Mopar to ya'

Dragger, have you driven your car yet? I am underwhelmed with the 7/8" master cylinder and was wondering how yours was working out.
No. I was mistaken when I told you that my master was a 7/8. I was originally thinking that I would need a 7/8 but after talking with Wilwood, we agreed that I would probably need a 15/16. I forgot about that and after I talked with you I looked at mine and realized that's what I had. I guess I dodged that bullet.... knock on wood.
Did they send you a new one/rebuild yours? I hope you guys figure out something soon.... I know it's killing you having that awesome car sitting there and not being able to get back in the drivers seat!
I haven't driven my car yet. All my friends say that I'm too picky and too obsessed with details. I could be driving the car now but I want it 100% done before I bring it out and right now I'm redoing a bunch of interior and inner trunk items. We are also dealing with other projects, swap meets etc. I figure I'll take my time and bring it out at the beginning of next season.

No. I was mistaken when I told you that my master was a 7/8. I was originally thinking that I would need a 7/8 but after talking with Wilwood, we agreed that I would probably need a 15/16. I forgot about that and after I talked with you I looked at mine and realized that's what I had. I guess I dodged that bullet.... knock on wood.
Did they send you a new one/rebuild yours? I hope you guys figure out something soon.... I know it's killing you having that awesome car sitting there and not being able to get back in the drivers seat!
I haven't driven my car yet. All my friends say that I'm too picky and too obsessed with details. I could be driving the car now but I want it 100% done before I bring it out and right now I'm redoing a bunch of interior and inner trunk items. We are also dealing with other projects, swap meets etc. I figure I'll take my time and bring it out at the beginning of next season.

Mine is back in, but the brakes are not meeting my expectations and I believe I need a bigger bore master cylinder. I am curious what you think of the 15/16. I bought a caliper pressure gauge so that I can verify what fluid is actually getting to the caliper.

Mine is back in, but the brakes are not meeting my expectations and I believe I need a bigger bore master cylinder. I am curious what you think of the 15/16. I bought a caliper pressure gauge so that I can verify what fluid is actually getting to the caliper.
Like I said, after talking with Wilwood and a couple other people.... it was determined that 15/16 was probably the best choice but who knows until I drive it. I wasn't really planning on driving my car anytime soon as the season is almost over and I still have a few things I need/want to do to the car. I'd say that by the time I drive mine you will have yours figured out. Sorry.

-
Back