Noob question Eddy Heads - special roller ockers?

-

RhinoMan68

if its for a 1968 cuda 'vert I probably need it.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Looks like I cant change the mistake on my Post title sorry for the typo - special roller rockers...

Ok. I am in the middle of gathering some pieces and parts I know I wanted. I was able to score a set of eddy heads for a 340 stroker build I am hoping to do (no real racing, MAYBE some autocross mostly cruising), yes I know overkill. I would like to have roller rockers and was dreaming / drooling over a set of Harland Sharp rockers but then I saw they have a "Special Set" just for Edelbrock Heads.

Without calling anyone, or talking to any vendors, I wondered if the A-bodies Forum crew might shed some unbiased light on what the heck are they talking about... Thanks in advance for any insight.

@B3RE

mike @ B3 racing engines can assist you. He is very knowledgeable on valve train geometry

I didn't use any "special" rockers on mine, just a set of Hughes 1.6 rollers, LA not Magnum.

I’m running the Comp Cams magnum Roller rockers on my Eddy RPM 340 heads and on my J heads. They have nothing to do with the 5.9 magnum motor, those use a pedestal rocker like a cheby…

Looks like I cant change the mistake on my Post title sorry for the typo - special roller rockers...

Ok. I am in the middle of gathering some pieces and parts I know I wanted. I was able to score a set of eddy heads for a 340 stroker build I am hoping to do (no real racing, MAYBE some autocross mostly cruising), yes I know overkill. I would like to have roller rockers and was dreaming / drooling over a set of Harland Sharp rockers but then I saw they have a "Special Set" just for Edelbrock Heads.

Without calling anyone, or talking to any vendors, I wondered if the A-bodies Forum crew might shed some unbiased light on what the heck are they talking about... Thanks in advance for any insight.
HS makes different versions of their rockers for different heads in an attempt to get better geometry for that particular head. Now, how well they shape up is a point of contention but if you decide to go with Harlands, you should use the set made for your specific heads.

I purchased a set of Harland Sharp for Edelbrock heads. I called them to verify.
S70025KE are the roller set the developed for these heads. No geometry correction required is what they told me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Probably referring to spring retainer clearance. Only the head itself or shimmng can change rocker arm to valve geometry

Harlans have a good reputation, I’m not a fan of needle bearing rockers. Geometry is very important. You also need special head stud or bolt kit for the eddy heads.

harland sharp makes the offset rockers for the edelbrock victors, they are kinda special

I purchased a set of Harland Sharp for Edelbrock heads. I called them to verify.
S70025KE are the roller set the developed for these heads. No geometry correction required is what they told me.

View attachment 1715865646

View attachment 1715865647

yep, good choice. I have the regular non eddie head specific ones on my eddie stroker. Not perfect but they work just fine, been on 4 race seasons now. Yours will fit nicer.

Yep give B3RE a call. Awesome guy to work with. Makes it easy for ya to get things right.

-
Back