Nor-Cal '73 Swinger

-
Id Just Be Happy With some Quality Repopped Tail Lights!

And turn signals lenses......

These would both be awesome and some LED boards that slip behind them...Been tryin to work with a company to make rear tail light LED boards for 74-76 darts and front turn signal boards for 73-74 darts
And also for 73-76 Dusters as well

Okay...

Got the Mopar Valve covers clearanced for the edelbrock intake & installed. Changed the Squirter on the Holley from a #31 to a #35 & any hesitation that might have been there is now gone and throttle response is tremendous!!

Last Christmas my girlfriend was very thoughtful & bought be a pump to carb fuel line setup complete with steel braided line, fuel filter, pressure gauge & front mounted fuel rail for my single inlet carb. I got to installing that today as well.

I also polished the headlight bezels & reinstalled them & the restored grille I did a few months back. It looks amazing but pics have to wait unti I install the front bumper.

I put all but one of the "DART" emblems back on the car & took a pic even though the wheel mouldings aren't on yet.

Finally, I went out & tested all the work Bad440 & I did last Summer, After the Timing adjustments last week & Carb Tuning today, I was very pleased & the last pic is a picture of the result. You tell me what's missing in that pic & I'll tell you I'm working on it!

Attachments

• 20130421_174530.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 20130421_174657.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 509
  • 20130421_175015.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 344
  • 20130421_181934.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 20130421_175142.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 344
Sure grip?

Yeah, Big Time. Ill Be After One at Spring Fling Next Month. That And Bbp Axles And Roller Rockers And Possibly Buckets And A console/shifter Set up. Hoping To Score It All But Would Be Happy To Get A Few Of Those Items Scratched off Of The List.

Two black lines!!! Looks great Jeff and good job on getting it back and running. So are you driving it down for spring fling?

Beauty of an 8.25 is those axles were made for a long time and put under Dakotas and Durangos...lots of opportunities for junk yard pulls if you don't want to buy a new one.

It is an 8 1/4" right?

Anyway, are you wanting A body specific buckets or are you willing to put in non-Mopar seats? I actually went looking on eBay for "dogde dart" under the interior/seat section...totally spaced on the fact the new Darts are out and already being wrecked...seats in those actually look pretty decent, and not awfully expensive. I'd bet you could pick up at set at a local pick-a-part or something.

Otherwise, I'll say it again-your Swinger is looking damn good!

So are you driving it down for spring fling?

No I'm taking the truck in hopes to bring back Axles & buckets & a console & shifter.

Beauty of an 8.25 is those axles were made for a long time and put under Dakotas and Durangos...lots of opportunities for junk yard pulls if you don't want to buy a new one.

It is an 8 1/4" right?

Anyway, are you wanting A body specific buckets or are you willing to put in non-Mopar seats? I actually went looking on eBay for "dogde dart" under the interior/seat section...totally spaced on the fact the new Darts are out and already being wrecked...seats in those actually look pretty decent, and not awfully expensive. I'd bet you could pick up at set at a local pick-a-part or something.

I picked up an 8.75 A-body housing. just need bbp axles & of course, the sure grip.

I'm not sure on the buckets, people have been getting pretty proud of their stuff lately and asking far too much for things, if that trend continues I'm not against later model or aftermarket bucket set ups being as I'll have to have them reupholstered in white anyhow. we'll see what's avail in Van Nuys. I figure if I can't find the right deal at that swap meet, it may not be out there.

Word, good luck...the best deals I've found for 8 3/4 sure grip diffs new was $385 on eBay. And you're right on about the seats...too many folks think they have a gold mine...

Got the new trunk lock cylinder from Physixx Yesterday And Got That Installed. I Also Received A small Order from Raamaudio.com And Installed Their Sound Deadener on the doorskins While Theyre Exposed. Made a Helluva Difference. Doors Seem Twice As Solid and The Resonance In Them Is Completely Gone!

Got around to installing the front bumper today & I forgot how damned heavy the '73 bumper is. Especially since I like it to ride as close to the body as possible. Got out the floor jack & one manned it back in with smallest possible gap I could pull off. Seemed much easier when I did this a few years ago. I'm apparently getting old. Here are some shots from a minute ago. Bumpers still need restoration, but at least now I'm a running and driving car again!

Attachments

• rear shot.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 288
  • assembled 1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 473
  • front end 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 289
  • grille assembled.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 303
  • front shot 1.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 304
Pulled the trigger on a couple of items that I was gonna hunt for at Spring Fling but Cass @ Dr. Diff made it too easy.

BBP 8.75 axles with green bearings, 489 case crush sleeve eliminator, & he's throwing in the carrier stud that I was missing so I don't have to use the Ford 9" stud. I still need to pick up a sure grip unit, but wants still out weigh funds so I'll roll with an open carrier & still keep looking for the right deal on that front.

Also went ahead & ordered the Transgo TF-2 kit. I figured since I'm going from 2.76 down to 3.23, adding the TF-2 to the mix would make the car drive entirely different & somewhat aggressive for a middle of the road gear set. We'll soon see.

Good choices,Jeff. Short stroke small blocks,LOVE gear multiplication.

:burnout: Daaaauummm!!

Took me long enough to get over to this thread, looks NICE!

The more I see em, the more I'm liking The Beaks (yeah, I got one to)

You're puttin together one sweet rid

It Runs Crazy Strong. I Know Theres More in It Though. A Little more Carb Tuning is On My Dance Card For Today. Ill Get Out And Read The Plugs And reset Idle Vacuum And See If I Cant Dial It In.

It Runs Crazy Strong. I Know Theres More in It Though. A Little more Carb Tuning is On My Dance Card For Today. Ill Get Out And Read The Plugs And reset Idle Vacuum And See If I Cant Dial It In.
at least your running on 12 volts! my cars been on te
n volts since i first fired it .now its correct and tuned and rips it up.

Looks tits Jeff! Probably going down to spring fling as well with my truck. Never know what you may score.

Well picked up a complete, factory black console with shifter & linkage while at spring fling. Still need to locate mounting brackets, though & find someone who can help me weld in the brackets (any locals that can help?). Tracked down a set of bucket seats & tracks from a fellow memeber (thx cidvicious) which I still need to pick up & have recovered.

I spent yesterday cleaning the console housing & shooting with SEM Trim Black. I also polished the chrome & reassembled the unit. I'll start the polishing of the shifter tonight. Here's some pics of the work.

Attachments

• unpainted 1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 238
  • unpainted 2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 231
  • unpainted 3.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 225
  • unpainted 4.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 230
  • painted 1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 218
  • painted 2.jpg